9-30 Game Thread - Charlotte @ Cleveland

Heads22

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
Predictions of the lineup:

Timo (7), Iguchi, Borchard (9), Everett, Gload (3), Crede, Blum (6), Anderson (8), Casanova

Ozzie said he's playing this series straight up out of respect for the bosox and yankees. I know I want to see some guys get a day off but I definitely want Carl playing these last 3, he's starting to look good again and I think it'd be a real bad time to take him out of the lineup.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
Ozzie said he's playing this series straight up out of respect for the bosox and yankees.  I know I want to see some guys get a day off but I definitely want Carl playing these last 3, he's starting to look good again and I think it'd be a real bad time to take him out of the lineup.

I could understand why Ozzie would do that. There's no harm in resting each guy maybe once, while still putting out a respectable lineup. I hope AJP, Rowand, Pods, and Dye get a day off this wknd.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
I could understand why Ozzie would do that.  There's no harm in resting each guy maybe once, while still putting out a respectable lineup.  I hope AJP, Rowand, Pods, and Dye get a day off this wknd.

Honestly, half of me hopes Pods doesn't play at all this weekend just so his legs can rest, and the other half of me wants him to either only start in 1 game or to come in to pinch run a couple times just so he can work on his timing.

AJ could probably use 2 days off as well.

I'd like to see Carl get 1 day off just for rest...you have to know he's been pressing. Ditto Rowand.

Crede probably shouldn't play tomorrow just because I doubt he's slept this week.

I'd like Konerko to either sit for 1-2 days or spend some time at DH as well.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
Start 6 or 7 of the starters, and start pulling them by the 7th. Pitching will be interesting. Whose arms do we burn out?

I think El Duque should start 1 of those games. Maybe Sunday...maybe even Saturday - give JG the extra rest and pitch BMac on Sunday anyway?

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
I really hope tomorrow's line-up is something like this:

Ozuna (3b)

Perez (LF)

Gload (1b)

Anderson (CF)

Borchard (RF)

Widger ©

Blum (SS)

Cassanova (DH)

Harris (2b)

Sox are still playing for home field ad all the way through...

They also owe it to the NYY, BOS, CLE and MLB NOT to tank their lineup THAT BAD!!! 2-3 subs a game, not all of em...Plus Paulie is looking for RBI 100 so he needs to be in the lineup too...

Id keep Paulie in, Everett, Rowand and Pods for sure, make sure the hot ones stay hot and the guys struggling pick it up!!! Let AJ rest for sure!!!

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
Sox are still playing for home field ad all the way through...

They also owe it to the NYY, BOS, CLE and MLB NOT to tank their lineup THAT BAD!!!  2-3 subs a game, not all of em...Plus Paulie is looking for RBI 100 so he needs to be in the lineup too...

Id keep Paulie in, Everett, Rowand and Pods for sure, make sure the hot ones stay hot and the guys struggling pick it up!!!  Let AJ rest for sure!!!

I want Carl to be in the lineup everyday.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
I want Carl to be in the lineup everyday.

And below the #4 hitter. Ever since he's been moved from the #3 spot, he's been hitting a lot better. We just need a Rowand or Dye to step up and produce in the #3 spot now, I don't think A.J is the man for the job, since he pretty much swings at anything.