9-30 Game Thread - Charlotte @ Cleveland

Heads22

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
Hafner had two strikes against him.  He threw a rolling slider high over the middle of the plate.  He was lucky it wasnt elevated.

That was on the outside corner. Not right over the plate.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
Bob you think every pitch that is hit is a pitchers pitch that was luckily hit.

First, my name is not Bob.

Second, I don't give a f*** what you say I think, that ball was on the outside corner. Hafner was extended and he hit it off the end of the bat. It was a good piece of hitting.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
First, my name is not Bob.

Second, I don't give a f*** what you say I think, that ball was on the outside corner. Hafner was extended and he hit it off the end of the bat. It was a good piece of hitting.

Exactly. If it was a roller over the middle of the plate, Hafner would have done more with it than hit a soft single into left.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
Hafner had two strikes against him.  He threw a rolling slider high over the middle of the plate.  He was lucky it wasnt elevated.

It was on the outside corner but still up. Marte is just terrible right now so he's not going to get many breaks around here.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)
A know this game don't really mean s*** to the Sox, but I'd really love it if they shoved it up their ass

I think this game should be meaningful so they can get this win and be assured they finish with a better record the the tribe.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
Haha the Cleveland announcers....."This is just like a playoff game"....yeah because I'm sure the other team in the playoffs puts in their b squad to get work in.

It is for them, and the pitching has lived up to that as well.