Game 1 starter: Jose Contreras

fathom

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
I think I speak for everyone when I say "Duh"

Hardly. This comes as a huge suprise to me. Although Ozzie has been preaching he's going with his best starter, I thought it was mostly lip service. I had Ozzie pegged for Buehrle in game run because of loyalty, "ace," etc.

Very good news. I think Count needs to pitch at home. Although his confidence has been at career-highs lately, I still think he could get rattled in a hostile visitor stadium.

Good move.

Ok, so my 1 worry here is that this puts Freddy on pace to pitch game 2...also at home, unless Ozzie flips Mark and Freddy...which in his position I would in a heartbeat. Mark's been better at home all year, and Freddy's been better on the road since we acquired him.

Anywho...this also puts Jose on pace to pitch any necessary game 5, which I consider to be excellent news.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
Hardly.  This comes as a huge suprise to me.  Although Ozzie has been preaching he's going with his best starter, I thought it was mostly lip service.  I had Ozzie pegged for Buehrle in game run because of loyalty, "ace," etc.

Very good news.  I think Count needs to pitch at home.  Although his confidence has been at career-highs lately, I still think he could get rattled in a hostile visitor stadium.

Good move.

Well it was duh to me because MB pitches tomorrow... Game one on Tuesday would be on three days rest.

The rotation, even though it has yet to be announced, is Count, MB, Garcia, Garland. -- I also expect McCarthy to make the roster over Duque. Though that could change depending on how they pitch this weekend in Cleveland. -- And yes, El Duque will get a good load of work this weekend.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
The rotation, even though it has yet to be announced, is Count, MB, Garcia, Garland. -- I also expect McCarthy to make the roster over Duque. Though that could change depending on how they pitch this weekend in Cleveland. -- And yes, El Duque will get a good load of work this weekend.

If the above happens, I like our chances. A lot. Count has been untouchable recently, MB has been better at home this year IIRC, Garcia has been ridiculous on the road, and Garland is probably good for a quality start at the very least.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
If the above happens, I like our chances.  A lot.  Count has been untouchable recently, MB has been better at home this year IIRC, Garcia has been ridiculous on the road, and Garland is probably good for a quality start at the very least.

Yup, Mark's been better at home. That's the rotation I wanted and it looks like that's exactly what we're going to get. Couldn't be happier today.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
If the above happens, I like our chances.  A lot.  Count has been untouchable recently, MB has been better at home this year IIRC, Garcia has been ridiculous on the road, and Garland is probably good for a quality start at the very least.

Buerhle definitely needs to start game 2 with Garcia starting game 3. Let's just hope Ozzie sees the light.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)
Well it was duh to me because MB pitches tomorrow... Game one on Tuesday would be on three days rest.

I'd keep El Duque over Vizcaino. If our offense can't score, we may need two long relievers in McCarthy and El Duque, and I'd also trust either of them for an inning in a critical situation. El Duque has playoff experience up the ying yang and is rested. If we have to face the Yanks, I want him for the 7th or 8th innings.