Who wins the AL East?

greasywheels121

Who wins the AL East?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AL East?

• Red Sox
    • Yanks

I have to go with the yanks right now. They're playing well and Boston isn't. I'm hoping that Boston wins 2 of 3 this weekend then the yanks beat them on Monday.

EDIT: Actually I take the Monday comment back, if Boston wins 2 of 3 and plays a tiebreaker game that means we lost the series to cleveland.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:00 AM)
EDIT: Actually I take the Monday comment back, if Boston wins 2 of 3 and plays a tiebreaker game that means we lost the series to cleveland.

Can you essplain? There's a possibility that we still might have to have a one game playoff with Cleveland?

My hope is that Cleveland wins the Wildcard. But, first and foremost, I don't want the Sox to get swept in Cleveland. I'm getting picky here, but I want a first-round matchup with Anahiem.

I think Contreras could shut down Anahiem's offense like no other.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
Can you essplain?  There's a possibility that we still might have to have a one game playoff with Cleveland?

We're done. We're in. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Boston winning 2 of 3 against NY puts both teams at 95 wins.... Us winning 1 of the three against Cleveland also puts them at 95 wins. -- That's when it gets interesting, and we could end up playing our first game on Wednesday.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Can you essplain?  There's a possibility that we still might have to have a one game playoff with Cleveland?

Sorry if my post was unclear, I meant for the yanks and bosox to have a playoff for the east we'd have to lose our series.

I need this explained to me: If the BoSawx and Cleveland both take two out of three this weekend-we have a three way tie. How do the logisitics of time workout? Is it division game on Monday, Wildcard on Tuesday? What does this do to the Tuesday scheduled games? Would we be bumped back to Wednesday evening then? Its sounds like a 3-way tie thrwos a monkeywrench into the schedule unlike a one game playoff on Monday

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
I need this explained to me: If the BoSawx and Cleveland both take two out of three this weekend-we have a three way tie. How do the logisitics of time workout? Is it division game on Monday, Wildcard on Tuesday? What does this do to the Tuesday scheduled games? Would we be bumped back to Wednesday evening then? Its sounds like a 3-way tie thrwos a monkeywrench into the schedule unlike a one game playoff on Monday

Everything you said is correct.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)

It could be really good for us...

Let's say their is a 3-way tie @ 95 wins. Boston and NY play a 1-game playoff, then the loser plays Cleveland the next day. -- The Sox could end up getting a Yankee or Boston team who has just wasted two starters on back-to-back playoff games. That would be a HUGE advantage headed into a short series.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 10:47 AM)
wow....perfect scheduling this year....i know it's hard to plan it,  but it's nice with this type of atmosphere and these types of games

Blue Jays?

Edited by Sonik22