What A Joke ... No choke

greg775

Not meaning to be a jerk, but what do those people with the choke avatars have

to say now?

Do you admit the sox didn't choke?

Are you happy you failed to believe?

Just curious. Delete this if we're too happy to see any negativity.

I'll understand.

SOX RULE!

p.s. great call by Hawk on the final out. That line smash scared me, but Paulie

caught it so quickly. It's fun to hear it play out on the replay of Hawk.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)

to say now?

I'll understand.

SOX  RULE!

i love how hawk's gotten to swearing these days

its hilarious.

'you get to the playoffs by being a good team damnit!'

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)

to say now?

I'll understand.

SOX  RULE!

How someone can be a fan of a team while believing they will choke is beyond me. You can accept your team is bad. That's one thing. But to think they are a good team that will "choke"? That's about the worst thing you can say about a player or a team. It just makes no sense to me.

I was scared, I will admit it. I had my doubts. They played a whole bunch of crap games, and they were falling unlike any other team ever has. Chicago has a history of collapsing, in all sports. I don't see why anybody finds it so hard to believe that some of the fans were fearing a "choke". It doesn't make you less of a fan, because I don't think anybody was HOPING for them to choke.

One of my fave bands has put out numerous crap albums in the past few years. I still buy them as they come out, and I still support them. Just because I am expecting the next album to stink doesn't mean I am less of a fan, it is just that I am suddenly used to being disaapointed. But my fandom keeps me going back to them, paying my money, and supporting the hell out of them. Just as many of the "choke" callers have done, and will do.

The ones I question are the ones who quite wearing the colors. No matter how fearful I got, there was never a doubt I was always a fan. I still wore the shirts.

I hope they keep Dye in the 3 hole and Everett in the 5 hole. The offense looks a hell of a lot more dangerous in this configuration. Dye is a better fastball hitter than Everett and with Kong behind him he should see a lot of fastballs.

My only worry for this team has been the offense. The pitching should be great.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 04:57 AM)
Doing a bit of that right now Flash?

Nope. Airways are obstruction free. But if the occasion ever arrives that I am choking, I'll just remember to mimmick the avatar. That was the whole purpose--to instruct our Soxtalk population on the importance of signaling distress when choking.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
Lets just say all the people with choke avis are eating s*** right now. That includes who ever started it and all his little followers.

You'd like to believe so, but I'm rather content with my decision to post the picture. Watching several members get riled up only influenced my decision to keep it up. There was nothing to the avatar beyond the diminishing lead of the White Sox. But since people were showing their displeasure, it stood up. Heres a beer for all of you :cheers

Edited by Flash Tizzle

You'd like to believe so, but I'm rather content with my decision to post the picture. Watching several members get riled up only influenced my decision to keep it up. There was nothing to the avatar beyond the diminishing lead of the White Sox. But since people were showing their displeasure, it stood up. Heres a beer for all of you

--In other words you like pissing some fellow Sox fans off. Nice attitude. A beer for you too. SOX WIN!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
I was scared, I will admit it. I had my doubts. They played a whole bunch of crap games, and they were falling unlike any other team ever has. Chicago has a history of collapsing, in all sports. I don't see why anybody finds it so hard to believe that some of the fans were fearing a "choke". It doesn't make you less of a fan, because I don't think anybody was HOPING for them to choke.

One of my fave bands has put out numerous crap albums in the past few years. I still buy them as they come out, and I still support them. Just because I am expecting the next album to stink doesn't mean I am less of a fan, it is just that I am suddenly used to being disaapointed. But my fandom keeps me going back to them, paying my money, and supporting the hell out of them. Just as many of the "choke" callers have done, and will do.

The ones I question are the ones who quite wearing the colors. No matter how fearful I got, there was never a doubt I was always a fan. I still wore the shirts.

Fearing a choke is one thing. Believing it is going to happen is another. That's saying nothing about "bragging" that it will happen by putting up that avatar. Piss poor excuse for a fan, if you ask me. And if you don't ask me, consider it said anyway.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
Fearing a choke is one thing.  Believing it is going to happen is another.  That's saying nothing about "bragging" that it will happen by putting up that avatar. Piss poor excuse for a fan, if you ask me.  And if you don't ask me, consider it said anyway.

I'm sure we all had that fear. Let's face it , we owe Tampa Bay a share of the playoff money. As far as the choke avatar goes, I'm in agreement with you Yas. You and I both have been around to see more disappointing seasons then most of the guys here but would never consider "expecting" a choke. Diff'rent strokes I guess.

"I'm sure everyone in here would like to have a 25-game lead like the Cardinals and get it over with," Pierzynski said, "because the truth is, no one ever really wants to be tested. But this is just how it is. Cleveland is not going to go away. They're a very good team. So we just have to keep fighting -- and two weeks from now, we'll see what happens."

this is an amazing quote