For those of you think Colon has the Cy Young...

White Sox Josh

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
no because it was a strike season.  I meant full season.  WTF is your problem anyways?  Why do you have to personally attack me.

You never mentioned that strike seasons were not included.

wehether he should or not it won't matter because he doesn't have 17 or more wins and a Starting Pitcher has never won the Cy Young with less than 17 wins.  He will be in the same boat as Contreras.  Both won't contend because of the lack of run-support.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
wehether he should or not it won't matter because he doesn't have 17 or more wins and a Starting Pitcher has never won the Cy Young with less than 17 wins. 

This is what you said, YOU WERE WRONG, just admit it and move on.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
I would take the count over him right now.

I sure as hell wouldn't. Santana has been better for longer this season. Contreras has been great since the beginning of August, Johan has been great for more than just this year and has been consistant since July 1st.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
I sure as hell wouldn't. Santana has been better for longer this season. Contreras has been great since the beginning of August, Johan has been great for more than just this year and has been consistant since July 1st.

i wouldn't either. Contreras still doesn't have that pinpoint control that Santana does.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
ok however i knew that Cone won the Cy Young.  I also knew it was a short season.  So i didn't count it.  I should've counted it.

You also should have originally said AL only, which would exclude Valenzuela, Marshall and Sutcliffe.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
You also should have originally said AL only, which would exclude Valenzuela, Marshall and Sutcliffe.

Wasn't sutcliffe traded in the middle of the year. I think he went 20-6 the whole year. Valenzuela also pitched in a strike year. Edited by White Sox Josh

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Wasn't sutcliffe traded in the middle of the year.  I think he went 20-6 the whole year.  Valenzuela also pitched in a strike year.

Yes, Sutcliffe was traded but AL stats don't carry over when you get traded to the NL.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
Colon's stats aren't that great with the exception of wins.  In fact he hasn't even had a great 2nd half.  He has gotten a ton of run support.  His ERA is 3.48 which is high for a guy contending for the Cy Young.  In fact a lot of Buehrle's stats are better.  I think this next start for Buehrle will decide the outcome of this thing.  This race is still up for grabs.

Its Bart.