Smoking ban in Chicago coming soon!!

Irishsox1

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
The Bartender knows damn well that people are going to smoke there and that theres gonna be a lot of second hand smoke.  They take the job anyway.  Its sort of like working outside on a construction job or something.  Construction workers know that prolonged exposure to the sun could cause cancer but they accept that risk and keep on trucking.

But you can wear hats, sunscreen, lightweight long sleeve shirts, all of those things to minimize your risks. Also, OSHA sets codes to reduce other risks for people in those professions--why shouldn't a bartender or waitress be awarded the same protection?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
But you can wear hats, sunscreen, lightweight long sleeve shirts, all of those things to minimize your risks. Also, OSHA sets codes to reduce other risks for people in those professions--why shouldn't a bartender or waitress be awarded the same protection?

Wear a surgical mask?

:ph34r:

Since this is somewhat on topic, why must people who smoke while driving hold their cigarette out the window while smoking and then flick the butt out the window? I hate breathing in that crap to the point I will change lanes to not be down wind. Also, when people flick butts at night it can cause wrecks - I cannot tell you how many times I see this glowing ember looking thing coming right at me and reflex has me ducking and trying to control the car at the same time. I am surprised that there were not more brush fires on the side of the road or in the forest preserves around Chicago this summer with the dry, hot summer we had.

Edited by Queen Prawn