Frank

Bmr31

Guest hotsoxchick1

you know whats funny about this whole thing......shamme and bonds both have had the same thing to say that frank has.........im sure if others who hit the way they do had balls enough to speak up they would be singing a similar tune..........the umps have been pretty s***ty lately.. (see seattle games)...............frank has a FEW valid points to his arguement........

you know whats funny about this whole thing......shamme and bonds both have had the same thing to say that frank has.........im sure if others who hit the way they do had balls enough to speak up they would be singing a similar tune..........the umps have been pretty s***ty lately.. (see seattle games)...............frank has a FEW valid points to his arguement........

thanks HSC - thanks for posting that -

I agree HSC. While I think Thomas is far from the only one getting screwed by the umps, I think the Sox need a real batting coach and things might change for us offensively. Until then, we are going to be stuck with the same crap we are seeing now.

I agree HSC.  While I think Thomas is far from the only one getting screwed by the umps, I think the Sox need a real batting coach and things might change for us offensively.  Until then, we are going to be stuck with the same crap we are seeing now.

very much agreed -

we need a new hitting coach so bad -

and the calls have been bad, more so than usual this year

Guest hotsoxchick1

well far be it from me to go on dissing on frank when i can do it easly on shamme and bonds too............lol........they are all in the same boat from what i understand... not liking what the umps have to say and not liking what the pitchers are giving them.........

Sadly, I believe Frank is playing himself out of the HOF. He put up some numbers that haven't been seen since Ted Williams, and yet, he's been on a downhill spiral for a few seasons now, 2000 excepted. The man was the greatest hitter ever to put on a White Sox uniform, with the arguable exception of Shoeless Joe. I really wish he could just zone in on hitting the baseball and forget all the other stuff going on around him... forget about JM, KW, the umpires, whether he is DH or 1B. Just hit the damn baseball ... everything else will take care of itself.

Sadly, I believe Frank is playing himself out of the HOF.  He put up some numbers that haven't been seen since Ted Williams, and yet, he's been on a downhill spiral for a few seasons now, 2000 excepted.  The man was the greatest hitter ever to put on a White Sox uniform, with the arguable exception of Shoeless Joe.  I really wish he could just zone in on hitting the baseball and forget all the other stuff going on around him... forget about JM, KW, the umpires, whether he is DH or 1B.  Just hit the damn baseball ... everything else will take care of itself.

I can agree with the way you put things here - expresses just about what I am thinking - thanks for wording what I wasn't able to.

I can agree with the way you put things here - expresses just about what I am thinking - thanks for wording what I wasn't able to.

I do not recall him taking so many strikes in his heyday. I definitely think his problems are more mental than physical.

:bang

I agree that they are calling the inside strike more in an effort to speed up games. But Frank is getting pitches to hit, just not the ones he wants to hit.

I mean look at Sosa, Bonds and Thomas. Who is the guy in the cleanup spot protecting them? Sosa: Alou, Bonds: Cruz Jr., Frank: Maggs. Frank easily has the best cleanup protection of the three (although Maggs numbers today wouldn't support that). If I were Maggs I'd be a little pissed. Frank isn't getting pitches to hit? With the numbers Maggs has put up the last few seasons. No way. Frank just can't turn on that inside pitch.

It won't be long before Frank starts asking for the pitchers to throw underhand.

It won't be long before Frank starts asking for the pitchers to throw underhand.

Or maybe we can just set up a tee out there for Frank. Then the dug out can chant 2-4-6-8 who do we appreciate? Frank! Frank! Yeah Frank!!! :bang

I do not recall him taking so many strikes in his heyday. I definitely think his problems are more mental than physical.

Umm Frank openned his mouth first. JM was just reacting to what he said.

That's not what I heard. It's true JM's mirror comment was general in nature, but as I read it he was looking at Thomas when he said it.

1422 you going tonight?  I wonder if he gets booed his first time up?

I'll be there with 54,999 other White Sox fans cheering them on! lol!

I will be there. I will cheer them if they play well and will boo if they play bad.

If I get anywhere near JM I will give him an earfull.

I will be sitting by the bullpen so it will be interesting to see what people have to say if Garland starts warming up.

Half price, good weather, and a start of a looooong winning streak! :cheers

I do not recall him taking so many strikes in his heyday.   I definitely think his problems are more mental than physical.

Umm Frank openned his mouth first. JM was just reacting to what he said.

That's not what I heard. It's true JM's mirror comment was general in nature, but as I read it he was looking at Thomas when he said it.

That all started a few days ago when Frank started whining about the pitches he was getting to hit.