Playoffs?

TheBigHurt

Who would you rather play in the first round of the playoffs?

Yankees

Red Sox

Angels

BTW, I have something really funny to share with you all. It made Nuke almost laugh himself to death(I think).

I was watching the game a couple days ago, and my mother sat down to watch it as well, and they showed the scores on the games that were going on at the time, and the Yankees were winning 2-1 against whoever they were playing, and my mother, who has a pain problem and has a hard time with speech sometimes, said QUOTE:

"Well, the Wankees won. OH! I said 'Wankees!' "

I couldn't stop laughing.....

Anyways, the "Wankees" are who I vote for.

Edited by TheBigHurt

Red Sox is my vote.

Good pitching beats good hitting. I think when our starting pitching is on, it can keep most offenses under control, that is, keep the score low enough to give us a chance to win. Our offense on the other hand, struggles. So I guess, we'd want to face the weakest starting pitching staff. In my opinion, that is the Red Sox.

The Yankees are heating up at the right time and I want no part of Anaheim.

I would rather play either Boston or NY over the Angels...because if we play the Angels, the Sox will be in Southern California during the weekend where I'll be on a field trip. However, if we play the Angels in the ALCS...I'll be in town for those games, and hence, I can buy some scalped tickets.

I'd prefer facing Boston. If we face the Angels, we get Bartolo in game one and game five. That's not too encouraging. Right now, Boston's pitching staff is in worse shape than NY. I'd really like to take down the BoSox in the ALDS and then the Yankees in the ALCS.

QUOTE(black jack @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
Does anyone know who we will play?

If Cleveland wins WC?

If Yankees win WC?

If BoSox win WC?

I imagine that if Cleveland wins we probably head out west right?

Otherwise we're facing Boston or NY?

The sox would play either NY or Bos. if they won the WC. The team withe best record in the AL plays the WC [unless the WC winner is from the same division--which means the sox wouldn't play Cle.] The sox would then play the division winner with the worst record

I'd rather the sox play either Bos. or the Yankees. The Sox could handle both pitching staffs better than the Angels. I still think the sox could handle the angels staff as well. It's just that the lineup of the angels and their style of play probably would give the sox pitchers a harder time