Tonight's starting Lineup

Allsox

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
Did anybody hear about Bud Selig sending a letter to the Sox about fielding a competitive team the next 3 games? I thought I heard it in the score but I am not sure.

because selig loves the f***ing red sox and the yankees in the playoffs. Its better for baseball than the indians who rank near the bottom of the barrell in attendence

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
Did anybody hear about Bud Selig sending a letter to the Sox about fielding a competitive team the next 3 games? I thought I heard it in the score but I am not sure.

If he did that, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's why ozzie put this lineup out there.

This is bogus. If the White Sox were playing Cleveland for their playoff lives and either the Yankees or Red Sox put this crap on the field which would hurt their chances, there would be outrage. I have no problem with a regular Sunday line-up tonight, but this is stretching it. If Cleveland rolls tonight, this will have repercussions in the future, believe me. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Ozzie gets a call from the commissioner's office as well. And before anyone skewers me, just put yourselves in NY or Boston's shoes.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
This is bogus. If the White Sox were playing Cleveland for their playoff lives and either the Yankees or Red Sox put this crap on the field which would hurt their chances, there would be outrage. I have no problem with a regular Sunday line-up tonight, but this is stretching it. If Cleveland rolls tonight, this will have repercussions in the future, believe me. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Ozzie gets a call from the commissioner's office as well. And before anyone skewers me, just put yourselves in NY or Boston's shoes.

We earned this right Dick, they didn't.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)

We have to do whatever is best for our team, not worry about anyone else.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
because selig loves the f***ing red sox and the yankees in the playoffs.  Its better for baseball than the indians who rank near the bottom of the barrell in attendence

I figured that was why. I will bet the farm that if it was the Orioles and Blue Jays in that position instead of the Yanks/Red Sox it wouldn't be an issue.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
Where'd you get this from? Cuz line ups usually aren't released until about 90 minutes to two hours before gametime.

The Score reported it 'round 3....This game tonight will either be fun bad or fun good :rolly

And if Red Sox Nation is irate about the lineup, then tough s***! :finger