Tonight's starting Lineup

Allsox

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
Let me get this straight, Ozzie is supposed to start players who probably have mean hangovers and risk an injury to one of them?  Ever try to play a sport with a hangover?

I hope this line up uses this as motivation and crushes the Tribe tonight.

Drinking is for starters, all the rest of you put down the drinks :lolhitting

When teams no longer play to win, the integrity of the league suffers. Y'all can have your opinions, but when teams don't play to win, the game becomes a scripted joke, like wrestling. Hey, I like the Indians better than the Red Sox, so I'm going to take the bottom 9 guys and start them.

Jordan + "flu symptoms" = 60+ two or three times. :cheers

I'm all for resting starters, just not all on the same night. I'm not saying go balls out, but have some balls.

If it doesn't matter how we play, why not just forfeit? f*** Boston and NY, they control their own destiny.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 06:09 PM)

Drinking is for starters, all the rest of you put down the drinks

:lolhitting

When teams no longer play to win, the integrity of the league suffers. Y'all can have your opinions, but when teams don't play to win, the game becomes a scripted joke, like wrestling. Hey, I like the Indians better than the Red Sox, so I'm going to take the bottom 9 guys and start them.

Jordan + "flu symptoms" = 60+ two or three times.  :cheers

I'm all for resting starters, just not all on the same night. I'm not saying go balls out, but  have some balls.

If it doesn't matter how we play, why not just forfeit? f*** Boston and NY, they control their own destiny.

You missed the point, read the reply right above yours.

Who would you rather have playing with a mind numbing hangover, Paulie or Geoff frickin Blum?

Red Sox players said it was Chicago's right to rest after clinching the division early.

"When you win the division, you have the right to do whatever you want. That includes forfeit if they want to," pitcher Bronson Arroyo said. "They won the division. They don't have to listen to anybody else."

quoted from http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2177385

How long has it been since this team had an off day? I don't think Selig was too damn worried about the Sox getting rest when he forced them to interrupt a home stand and travel to Boston for one game, on a very rare late season off day.

Now that the Sox have won that game, there isn't much Selig, Boston or New York can say about it. It was a lineup that was competetive enough to beat a contending team while on the road.

I don't take this as disrespecting the game. I take this as setting yourself up for the post season to give you the best possible chance of winning the championship. Is that not what the goal of every team is? For 159 games, Ozzie put the lineup out there that he believed would best help achieve that goal. I don't think he did anything different in game #160.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuce; :bang

As for the replacements, reserve infielder Ross Gload said he overheard Chicago radio reporter Bruce Levine refer to the Friday lineup as "scrubs" when he was calling in to the studio.

That didn't sit well with Gload or his teammates, who confronted Levine.

"It's one thing for us to call each other scrubs on the field," reserve infielder Geoff Blum said. "But for some outsider who has never put on a uniform to call us 'scrubs,' that's complete bull(bleep).

"I'd rather be a scrub on the White Sox than on some last-place team. We did show one thing — the scrubs can play, too."

WTF? I was in Madison yesterday so I missed that the Sox lineup was actually an issue. Articles on ESPN.com, Levine making a complete jackass of himself. I think every team has done this sort of lineup thing after the division.

My main problem with it is when would enough be enough? So Ozzie starts his normal lineup, does he have to play them all game? Did MB have to throw 120 pitches? Did he have to handle the bullpen like a playoff game? The second guessing would never end, so why even start it?

If Boston or NY fans have a problem with it, be mad at your own ball clubs for not sewing up a spot earlier, don't rely on the White Sox to do your dirty work. The east coast biased media put all the blame on the Sox during their "collapse"

Finally, Levine should be pulled off the Sox beat for the playoffs, what a smug asshole to call MLBers "scrubs." If it was the Cubs he would call them "prospects"

This isn't the first time Levine has made himself a story, there's a tape Steve Dahl plays every now and then of Levine telling a Cubs GM, I think it was Ed Lynch, that he wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for him, and then Lynch goes crazy and starts yelling at him as well as some players, it's pretty funny...

I'm going to write a letter to ESPN 1000 program director to see if there was an apology or anything

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 02:25 AM)
Red Sox players said it was Chicago's right to rest after clinching the division early.

"When you win the division, you have the right to do whatever you want. That includes forfeit if they want to," pitcher Bronson Arroyo said. "They won the division. They don't have to listen to anybody else."

quoted from http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2177385

^

Good quote from Bronson.

"People were killing me on national TV," Guillen said. "They said I wasn't respecting the game, but that's only because it was Boston and New York. If it had happened to another team, no one would have talked about it.

"Every manager in baseball does what I did. The day after you clinch, you play your bench guys. [Atlanta manager] Bobby Cox does it and he's a genius. I do it and everybody says I don't know what I'm doing."

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
From the Trib

I bet a lot of hitters are like that against Millwood this season anyway. He's going to get a very nice deal from someone this off-season, maybe Detroit.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)
I bet a lot of hitters are like that against Millwood this season anyway. He's going to get a very nice deal from someone this off-season, maybe Detroit.

Cleveland would s*** a gold brick if that happened. But it very well might, Im fairly sure Bora$$ is Millwoods agent, and Bora$$' new patsy is Illitch.

I'm interested whether Joe Torre will preserve the "integrity of major league baseball" and pitch Mike Mussina, as well as put his full lineup out tomorrow.

Wait, of course he won't. ESPN wants Boston in the playoffs. They'll insist it's wise of Torre to rest his starters for Tuesday. Meanwhile, Guillen better put his entire starting lineup out tomorrow against Cleveland or else criticism will continue.

I really believe it's odd people are debating whether Guillen's lineup schuffle degrades baseball. Yeah, isn't there this whole steroids issue which continues to linger over MLB? It's ridiculous to insist resting starters on game 160 somehow ruins the game.

Edited by Flash Tizzle