Who is choking now????

WSoxMatt

when people look back on the way they treated their own team... some should be ashamed.

as fruity as it sounds... this team feels like a member of my family, and i defend them like wise.

I'll admit that i was down a little during the "bad times" but come on... they fight for us.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
We never choked.  We had our seasonal lousy August after a big bat goes down.  That's been the story since 2000.  When you add these last two games to Sept we played like a team that can still earn the best record in MLB.

which is still possible!!!!!!

STL is losing right now and if they do, we're tied.

win tomorrow and they lose? or even if we both win/lose: BEST f***IN RECORD IN BASEBALL!!!

The choke avatars were distasteful.

It is amazing how Cleveland has tanked, ran out of gas or whatever. Thank goodness that guy dropped the flyball versus the Royals and lowly KC got the final game of that series.

Hopefully we'll be loose playing Boston. They are the defending champs and most media will expect them to smoke our ass.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)
when people look back on the way they treated their own team... some should be ashamed. 

as fruity as it sounds...  this team feels like a member of my family, and i defend them like wise.

I'll admit that i was down a little during the "bad times" but come on... they fight for us.

I think Ozzie Guillen has a different opinion on that matter.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
The choke avatars were distasteful.

It is amazing how Cleveland has tanked, ran out of gas or whatever. Thank goodness that guy dropped the flyball versus the Royals and lowly KC got the final game of that series.

Hopefully we'll be loose playing Boston. They are the defending champs and most media will expect them to smoke our ass.

Distasteful but accurate. They totally pissed away a huge division lead and made it a race when it shouldn't have been. I give em credit for grabbing themselves by the balls and hanging on. Now its time for them to really show us what they're made of.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
Distasteful but accurate.  They totally pissed away a huge division lead and made it a race when it shouldn't have been.  I give em credit for grabbing themselves by the balls and hanging on.  Now its time for them to really show us what they're made of.

Accurate? How is it accurate to call them chokers when they played slightly subpar baseball for what they played this season, while the Indians had a stretch of .800 baseball over 35 games? That was simply a great hot streak by the Indians during a time when the Sox weren't quite up to the level they played for the rest of the season. It was bound to end eventually, and looks to have come crashing down now.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
This is so incorrect.

15 games down to 1.5 in the space of 6 weeks??! You're gonna have to explain that one. Yeah Cleveland got hot but if we played even decent baseball that lead is still 10.

Who cares now. The record is about to go back to 0-0 and they get a chance to show us what they're really made of..

:gosox4: :gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro:

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
15 games down to 1.5 in the space of 6 weeks??! You're gonna have to explain that one.  Yeah Cleveland got hot but if we played even decent baseball that lead is still 10.

Who cares now.  The record is about to go back to 0-0 and they get a chance to show us what they're really made of..

:gosox4:  :gosox3:  :gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosoxretro:

28-7 in 35 games for the Indians pretty much sums it up.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
15 games down to 1.5 in the space of 6 weeks??! You're gonna have to explain that one.  Yeah Cleveland got hot but if we played even decent baseball that lead is still 10.

Who cares now.  The record is about to go back to 0-0 and they get a chance to show us what they're really made of..

:gosox4:  :gosox3:  :gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosoxretro:

We did play decent ball nuke. We played .500 ball since August 1st(a few games over now) so we weren't choking, cleveland just didnt lose.

Yes Greg, we've all realized your position. Several times. You've managed to talk about it for two straight days.

I'm not the only one talkin' about it.

Somebody had another thread about it and I posted my opinion. If you are sick of it, you should not have posted a crude remark about it saying you only kept posting it to piss people like me off.

The Sox did not choke. You almost seem like you wish they did.

I had to look at the choke sign for a couple weeks and it made me sick, just like my posts are making you sick.

Too bad.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not gonna trash talk that Cleveland squad. They fought there asses off and even if they don't get in, they are gonna be a potential thorn in the Sox side for the next couple years. They are a really good team.

Of course that could change if Millwood, Wickman and Company get away this offseason.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
I'm not gonna trash talk that Cleveland squad.  They fought there asses off and even if they don't get in, they are gonna be a potential thorn in the Sox side for the next couple years.  They are a really good team.

Of course that could change if Millwood, Wickman and Company get away this offseason.

The AL Central is going to be ridiculous next season.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
Yes Greg, we've all realized your position. Several times. You've managed to talk about it for two straight days.

I'm not the only one talkin' about it.

Somebody had another thread about it and I posted my opinion. If you are sick of it, you should not have posted a crude remark about it saying you only kept posting it to piss people like me off.

The Sox did not choke. You almost seem like you wish they did.

I had to look at the choke sign for a couple weeks and it made me sick, just like my posts are making you sick.

Too bad.

You legitimately seem upset over this. It's just amazing to me. Ultimately, it was just a simple avatar. Do you realize this?