I'm disappointed

FlaCWS

Ok, got it from WSI, but is straight from MLB.com:

When Division Series play commences on Tuesday, Game One of the American League Division Series involving the AL East Champion New York Yankees will be played at 8:00 p.m. Eastern on FOX with the other ALDS starting at 4:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. Game One of the National League Division Series involving the NL West Champion San Diego Padres will be held at 1:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. The entire Division Series will be available on ESPN Radio

Very happy to not be at 12, and I don't mind 3, we are awesome in day games anyways

Edited by 3 BeWareTheNewSox 5

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rather play boston than Anaheim

three main reasons.

1. Angels have much better starters and a deeper pen. Boston pitching is no only injured, they'll have to start either Clement or Arroyo against us (Arroyo for sure if they have a one-game playoff with Cleveland).

2. Angels run like hell against us with Figgins, Cabrera and others. Boston doesn't try to steal.

3. Angels just beat our brains in at Comiskey in early September and we play like do-do on the West Coast. We played Boston much better.

All we have to remember is DO NOT LET Ortiz or Ramirez beat you.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
rather play boston than Anaheim

three main reasons.

1. Angels have much better starters and a deeper pen. Boston pitching is no only injured, they'll have to start either Clement or Arroyo against us (Arroyo for sure if they have a one-game playoff with Cleveland).

2. Angels run like hell against us with Figgins, Cabrera and others. Boston doesn't try to steal.

3. Angels just beat our brains in at Comiskey in early September and we play like do-do on the West Coast. We played Boston much better.

All we have to remember is DO NOT LET Ortiz or Ramirez beat you.

If we can advance to the alcs there's a good chance we'd run into the angels anyway.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
Ok, got it from WSI, but is straight from MLB.com:

When Division Series play commences on Tuesday, Game One of the American League Division Series involving the AL East Champion New York Yankees will be played at 8:00 p.m. Eastern on FOX with the other ALDS starting at 4:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. Game One of the National League Division Series involving the NL West Champion San Diego Padres will be held at 1:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. The entire Division Series will be available on ESPN Radio

Very happy to not be at 12, and I don't mind 3, we are awesome in day games anyways

What happens if the Angels grab the homefield against the Yanks will those times stay the same?

Thanks Tom

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
What happens if the Angels grab the homefield against the Yanks will those times stay the same?

Thanks Tom

You know, I was thinking about that, do they have the tie breaker over they yanks?? If so then there is still a possibility that we play the yankees.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
You know, I was thinking about that, do they have the tie breaker over they yanks??  If so then there is still a possibility that we play the yankees.

Yes the Angels have a 5-2 record against them so if they tie LAA will get HF against the Yanks and that happens if NYY takes a loss and Angels win @ Texas

Edited by BHAMBARONS

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
Yes the Angels have a 5-2 record against them and If Yanks lose and Angels win @ Texas it will happen

Ya, I just went to check who had the head to head advantage, that's a good point. Anyways, those time slots are certain, so I'm sure they'd still get that 7 o'clock game central game even if it was at Anaheim.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
Ya, I just went to check who had the head to head advantage, that's a good point.  Anyways, those time slots are certain, so I'm sure they'd still get that 7 o'clock game central game even if it was at Anaheim.

Yah for a second I though the Time Zone change making it a 4:00 start time in LA but remebered they did it last year in the Boston Series.

Here's a reason to not give a s*** who we play:

How good have Buehrle, Garcia and Garland been lately?

In his last two starts, Buehrle has pitched 142/3 innings and given up one run for a 0.61 ERA resulting in one victory and one no-decision.

In his previous three starts, he had pitched 181/3 innings and given up 13 runs for a 16.38 ERA resulting in one loss and two no-decisions.

In his last two starts, Garcia has pitched 15 innings and given up three runs for a 1.90 ERA resulting in two victories.

In his previous three starts, he had pitched 202/3 innings and given up 13 runs for a 6.10 ERA resulting in one loss and two no-decisions.

In his last two starts, Garland has pitched 151/3 innings and given up five runs for a 2.94 ERA resulting in one victory and one no-decision.

In his previous three starts, he had pitched 211/3 innings and given up 13 runs for a 5.48 ERA resulting in two losses and a no-decision.

For the three pitchers in their last six starts: a 1.57 ERA resulting in four victories, no losses and two no-decisions, compared with a 5.97 ERA resulting in no victories, four losses and five no-decisions in their nine starts before that.

To say the four are beginning the postseason highly confident—even though the stats have been compiled against the Central Division—would be an understatement.

"It's definitely a confidence booster going into the playoffs with the way I've thrown the last two starts," Buehrle said.

"This week the starters peaked again to get ready for the playoffs," Garcia said. "I feel that way. September I did not start good, but the last couple of starts have been the way [they should be]."

I really think the Sox pitching is in such good shape that it doesn't matter who they play. There are no KC's in the playoffs.

:bringit

Who cares who we play. If your good enough to win it all your good enough to beat whoever you match up against.

Sox just got to go out and play there baseball, if they do they got a shot at beating every club in the playoffs. IF they don't, they'll be packing there bags a little early.

I'm just gonna enjoy the ride :cheers

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
With Arroyo, Schilling and Wakefield starting the 1st 3 games, the Red Sox are gonna be in trouble pitching wise. We've just got to score enough runs for Count, MB and FG to work with.

Can't happen like that dbaho. Schill can't pitch game 2 as that would be on 2 days rest and from what I've heard from red sox fans Arroyo will be sent to the pen.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 12:59 AM)
Can't happen like that dbaho.  Schill can't pitch game 2 as that would be on 2 days rest and from what I've heard from red sox fans Arroyo will be sent to the pen.

So we get Boomer instead?

That could be AWESOME. The Sox do not like RHP, but they seem to tee off on LHP.

Also...I don't know why anybody'd be afraid of playing Boston. Boston's not a cakewalk with that offense, but that pitching staff makes it a hell of a lot easier. Anaheim is a team I really don't care to face, but they're not a team that would bother me either. There is one team that absolutely scares the s*** out of me, that being the Yankees.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
So we get Boomer instead?

That could be AWESOME.  The Sox do not like RHP, but they seem to tee off on LHP.

Also...I don't know why anybody'd be afraid of playing Boston.  Boston's not a cakewalk with that offense, but that pitching staff makes it a hell of a lot easier.  Anaheim is a team I really don't care to face, but they're not a team that would bother me either.  There is one team that absolutely scares the s*** out of me, that being the Yankees.

The angels will take care of them, imo. Anyways, my friend who's a bosox fan thinks it'd be clement for game 1 cause he'd be on full rest but I could see them moving boomer up to go game 1.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
The angels will take care of them, imo.  Anyways, my friend thinks it'd be clement for game 1 cause he'd be on full rest but I could see them moving boomer up to go game 1.

Either/or is awesome. Clement has faded in the second half(what a surprise), and Wells is very hittable.

Man, how bad is their starting pitching?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
Either/or is awesome.  Clement has faded in the second half(what a surprise), and Wells is very hittable.

Man, how bad is their starting pitching?

Wells is the guy I fear the most. He is a big game pitcher who steps up when the money is on the line. Also one of the reasons Clement has struggled is because he got hit in the head. Boston fans have told me that he has been scared to throw the ball over the plate and he is walking a ton of guys. Mussina said it took him a year to get over getting hit in the head. Edited by White Sox Josh

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
Like I said earlier, this will probably be their rotation:

Clement

Wells

Wakefield

Schilling

I think there's a chance of that but they could also move schill up to game 3 cause of the day off on thursday.