I'm so sick of hearing 15 to 1 1/2

JUGGERNAUT

You never hear from Kotex Boy that the White Sox have won 98 games & can still tie the Cards for best record in MLB. All you hear is that same mantra of seeing a 15 gm lead shrink to 1 1/2. Did he really believe the White Sox would win over 110 gms? Does he have any idea of how short the list is for teams that have won 110+ gms?

I can't stand this poor excuse for a Chicago sports writer. His obsession with the Cub is sickening. If the Cub were closing in on 99 wins what do you think he'd be writing? If it were the Cards that closed in on the Cub like that I doubt very much his last 7 columns would constantly re-iterate the 15 gm lead.

July 31: CWS 68-35, STL 66-38. Aug 31: CWS 80-51, STL 85-49. Oct 2: CWS 98-63, STL 99-62

STL had a 6 gm lead on the White Sox going into Sep. Now it's only a 1 gm lead. Does Moronotti write about that? Nope. Not a word.

Have you noticed just about all the coverage couldn't help but refer to us as over-acheiving "chokers" that were destined to fail but the Indians are now refered to as simply an inexperienced team that is pressing too hard?

Any one with a brain knows the White Sox lineup had grown accustomed to the Big Hurt at the #3 spot in June & July. When he went down the burden shifted again to Everett & he did NOT deliver. That's why the team took a spell in August. It's the same story only different names 4 yrs in a row. Does Moronotti mention that? No. He's too busy lamenting on every Ozzie word.

When will the Sun-Times fire this hack of a reporter? He's nothing more than a smear job. He plays the role of Mr Nasty on American Idol & Chicago deserves better. White Sox fans deserve better. It's horrible that we have mostly to choose between the Cubune & the ill-fated company employing Mr Nasty for coverage of our team. Maybe Reinsdorf can put together a consortium to buy out the Times so we can have some semblance of balance.

Having gotten that off my chest I feel better now. Let's put the final nail :sweep: in the Tribe's coffin & get prepared to kick BOS arse on Tuesday night.

:bringit :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :snr :usa

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
When will the Sun-Times fire this hack of a reporter? 

He will be fired when people dont react to him the way you just did. Its unfortunate, but its true. In the media, there are no good ratings and bad ratings, only ratings. If you react, thats attention.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
I agree, but I don't think a few clicks is going to help pay his salary much.

No, but think about your reaction to it, added to the Sunday edition crowd, added to that whoever reads the Suntimes online. The Suntimes know that Jay gets readers. Especially now that he is telling everyone his opinions on ESPN, now they have the casual Suntimes reader looking at his columns. I will say this much, Jay is really going to have to do some massive pissing people off to get fired. At this point, he is a monster who is going to have to be his own undoing. Knowing his personality, I see it as possible. But he is (unfortunately) smart, so it isnt very probable.

With the Sox playing airtight, first-half-style ball, they reduced the Indians to what they [sox] had been in recent weeks before finally clinching the AL Central title: pressing, wheezing losers

--This guy has the best job in the world. He can call the Sox the Wheeze Sox and chokers for weeks and write away, then pull a "never mind" and call the Indians the biggest chokers. He sucks. Simplistic bulls***.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
With the Sox playing airtight, first-half-style ball, they reduced the Indians to what they [sox] had been in recent weeks before finally clinching the AL Central title: pressing, wheezing losers

--This guy has the best job in the world. He can call the Sox the Wheeze Sox and chokers for weeks and write away, then pull a "never mind" and call the Indians the biggest chokers. He sucks. Simplistic bulls***.

That's the best assessment of mariotti that I've ever seen. Good job.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
Im curious as to who the "failing, Mike Royko wannabe at the Tribune" is. Mariotti just loves to make new friends, thats for sure.

Its a slap at Chicago's most famous Sox fan media member and the best writer in this whole damned town, John Kass.

Look, in order to get this moron outta town, it's very very simple:

DON'T READ HIS COLUMN!

All this douchebag wants is reaction to that poorly written piece of crap called a column he puts out and the more threads about him, the more he'll stick around....

Just thought I would add to this...

My flight home from Cleveland was delayed last night. Mariotti was on my flight. He came and sat down with me at the airport bar near our gate. Just like everyone else... I am not a fan, but he was a pretty good guy. We sat and talked for a good 2 hours. Remember, His job is to sell papers.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
Just thought I would add to this...

My flight home from Cleveland was delayed last night.  Mariotti was on my flight.  He came and sat down with me at the airport bar near our gate.  Just like everyone else... I am not a fan, but he was a pretty good guy.  We sat and talked for a good 2 hours.  Remember, His job is to sell papers.

I'm sure. The guy is a shock sports journalism whore.

Good nuggets from today. Enough to get some people in a tizzy ;)

Antics hide talent as manager.....With such stunts, of course, the Blizzard only does himself and his reputation a huge disservice. I've been trying to tell out-of-towners that Guillen has been a terrific manager.

Hmm, I would like to find the column when Mariotti tries to tell everyone that Ozzie is a terrific manager.

When they're steady and having fun, they're a sight to behold,.....Yet when the Sox are knocked out of emotional sync, they can be easy prey for anyone, as we saw in Kansas City and Detroit.

I forget, did the Sox clinch in Detroit?

Where is the windsock smily when you need it? ;)