Matchups Could Favor Sox

palesox38

Game 1- U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago, Illinois

RHP Jose Contreras 15-7 3.61 ERA vs. RHP Matt Clement 13-6 4.57 ERA

Game 2- U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago, Illinois

LHP Mark Buehrle 16-8 3.12 ERA vs. LHP David Wells 15-7 4.45 ERA

Game 3- Fenway Park, Boston Massachusetts

RHP Tim Wakefield 16-12 4.15 ERA vs. RHP Freddy Garcia 14-8 3.87 ERA

I know that in the playoffs anything can happen, but I can't look at these pitching matchups and not feel good about our chances. We have Contreras in game 1 who has been absolutely phenomenal. In game 2 we have Buehrle, who did lose to Boston earlier this year, but I still have great confidence in him. In game three we have Freddy on the road, where he has thrived all season. I'm looking forward to a great series.

So is it confirmed that Freddo would have game 3 (on the road) and MB would have game 2 (At home)?

Either way...let me say this...I will look at any pitching matchup possible in the playoffs and think we have the advantage. We are throwing out a combination of 4 starting pitchers and a bullpen that can go out and beat anyone in baseball if they do their jobs.

The only team in the AL with a better ERA from their starting pitchers than us is the LA Angels...and they did that without a 5th starter that was gradually collapsing later in the season.

It's just a matter of our guys doing their jobs. If they do what we've seen them do at their peaks all year long...we can do this.