WOW.....

letsgoarow

i'm actually suprised how split the opinions are on this series. Listening to the radio, watching TV and doing some reading, it seems "experts" are actually giving the White Sox a shot.

I think some people just can't overlook that Red Sox pitching staff and bullpen...

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 10:54 AM)
Peter "boston" Gammons has picket the white sox to win the serires against his beloved red sox......that has to be a good sign.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005...s?series=boschw

Damn, Gammons just gave us his jinx! Damn him for doing this!

Let's get our Rally Crede mystics out to eradicate this jinx!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
check out the scouting reports on the team.  Rowand gets bad jumps and has poor range while scotty has plus range a plus arm and gets great reads.  Also it says that Bobby came from Charlotte.

Huh? have they even watched any games? I mean did they watch the New York Series?

Shockingly Rob Neyer picked Boston. Its the fact that he thinks that they are going to win, or his mancrush for Bill James skews his objectivity.

Maybe we can translate this SABR formula for Mr. Neyer who doesnt like the whitesox because of our uniforms and our ballpark as he said in a chat earlier this year.

U + R /A> T/0+0=L

neyer.gif

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
check out the scouting reports on the team.  Rowand gets bad jumps and has poor range while scotty has plus range a plus arm and gets great reads.  Also it says that Bobby came from Charlotte.

Rowand does get bad jumps. Remember that awesome catch he made on Belliard yesterday? That happened because his broke backwards first. His range isn't poor and how could anybody say Pods has a plus arm?

QUOTE(3E8 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
Rowand does get bad jumps.  Remember that awesome catch he made on Belliard yesterday?  That happened because his broke backwards first.  His range isn't poor and how could anybody say Pods has a plus arm?

Aaron gets some of the best jumps out of any center fielder on balls that are hit into the gaps. Also, you'll see a lot of centerfielders including torrii and andruw get bad reads like that ball yesterday, sometime you just can't judge those off the bat.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
Rowand does get bad jumps.  Remember that awesome catch he made on Belliard yesterday?  That happened because his broke backwards first.  His range isn't poor and how could anybody say Pods has a plus arm?

Rowand gets bad jumps at balls hit right at him as do most outfielders. He has excellent range to the left or right. He has shown all year his ability to read the ball off the bat and get in position to make the catch as well as get in position to make the catch and then throw.

On the ESPN SportsNation thing.. One of the questions is:

What would you rather see?

White Sox win first World Series

Red Sox win back-to-back WS titles after 86-year drought

WTF we have won World Series before, Yes I get their point that it was almost 90 years ago, but still.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)

Here's what you do; go to a game, when a ball is hit into the outfield immediatley look in Rowand's direction. I gaurantee that about 85-95% of the time you'll see him break to the direction of the ball. I have done this for all 14 games I went to this year and he has done this almost every time. Rowand gets some of the best jumps you'll ever see from an outfielder. The only problem he has with reading the ball off the bat is when it's hit right at him and the majority of the outfielders in baseball have the same problem.

Honestly, anyone here, with their baseball knowledge could build a case for 7 of the 8 teams. St. Louis is about as much of a lock as can be. After that, these are all great teams. Matchups are everything. A few bounces, some confidence, and anyone can get on a roll.

I'm liking Houston and the Sox. ;)

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Honestly, anyone here, with their baseball knowledge could build a case for 7 of the 8 teams. St. Louis is about as much of a lock as can be. After that, these are all great teams. Matchups are everything. A few bounces, some confidence, and anyone can get on a roll.

I'm liking Houston and the Sox.  ;)

Buster Olney is picking the Padres to beat the Cardinals. :bang :bang

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
Peter "boston" Gammons has picket the white sox to win the serires against his beloved red sox......that has to be a good sign.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005...s?series=boschw

funny thing about gammons...he was also on dan patrick this afternoon and picked the red sox to win. patrick even pointed it out later how he picked two teams to win the same series