25 Man Roster set

SoxFan562004

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Marte has no business being on this roster. Not only did he quit on his teamates but he sucks. Ozzie is obsessed with him? Why? McCarthy worked his ass off and has pitched well. He deserves to be on the roster. Ozzie is so obsessed with matchups. Who cares about matchups. I care about getting guys out. The Angels had one lefty in 02 and their bullpen was lights out.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
Marte has no business being on this roster.  Not only did he quit on his teamates but he sucks.  Ozzie is obsessed with him?  Why?  McCarthy worked his ass off and has pitched well.  He deserves to be on the roster.  Ozzie is so obsessed with matchups.  Who cares about matchups.  I care about getting guys out.  The Angels had one lefty in 02 and their bullpen was lights out.

The Angels didn't have to face this version of David Ortiz.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
Well, considering he just started, he wouldn't be available to pitch until game 2 or even 3 of the series.

If we make it to the ALCS, he'll be on the squad.

That makes complete sense.

Also, Ross Gload gets the shaft? Surprising.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
Well, considering he just started, he wouldn't be available to pitch until game 2 or even 3 of the series.

If we make it to the ALCS, he'll be on the squad.

You took the words out of my mouth. Brandon going 100+ pitches made the decesion a lot easier for Ozzie and Kenny. I hate to see BMac get left off of the squad, but you need relievers you can use, and Brandon wasn't going to pitch until at least Game 3.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
Marte has no business being on this roster.  Not only did he quit on his teamates but he sucks.  Ozzie is obsessed with him?  Why?  McCarthy worked his ass off and has pitched well.  He deserves to be on the roster.  Ozzie is so obsessed with matchups.  Who cares about matchups.  I care about getting guys out.  The Angels had one lefty in 02 and their bullpen was lights out.

I suppose you'd rather have Matt Guerrier back?

When Damaso gets key outs in the series you're gonna need to eat crow. BMac would not have pitched until the if needed games anyways.

QUOTE(alexgtp @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
blum can play all infield positions. what if someone gets hurt..?

will gload be able to play at SS?3rd? 2nd?

HE might not be the best bat but he can fill in positions..

Im glad willie made it his speed will be an important factor!! I hope..LOL!!

no, but pablo can.

QUOTE(alexgtp @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
blum can play all infield positions. what if someone gets hurt..?

will gload be able to play at SS?3rd? 2nd?

HE might not be the best bat but he can fill in positions..

Im glad willie made it his speed will be an important factor!! I hope..LOL!!

Isn't the fill in job Ozuna's? :huh

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
Would have liked to seen Brandon on the roster, just because its Brandon, but like its already been stated, he wouldnt be avaiable for a few days anyway.

Really like Willie on the roster. On ESPN 1000, they had 24 men on and Willie was off. When they found out Willie was 25, I was excited. Nice to have that speed on the bench.

willie is actually a good late inning defensive replacement, sort of like boston did lat year. He is better with the glove than Tad, and I think it was confirmed as such this weekend.

Well I'm pretty down about this. I wanted BMAC there. I know he wouldn't be ready til game 3, but that's exactly when I think we'll need him. The guy I wanted left off was Viz, which I was pretty sure wasn't going to happen, but a guy could hope. Ozzie talked about riding the hot hand in the playoffs, so I thought it was possible. It's easy to see that BMAC is a superior overall pitcher than Viz and he showed he can handle the pressure.

Here's why this really bothers me, Brandon is 10 times better then el duque and viz, if they're leaving him off the roster cause he pitched yesterday..well he didn't have to, we could have pitched el duque in that spot and let Brandon be ready for the postseason. Very dumb move imo.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
I suppose you'd rather have Matt Guerrier back?

When Damaso gets key outs in the series you're gonna need to eat crow. BMac would not have pitched until the if needed games anyways.

Right now Guerrier is a better pitcher. That was a steal though? I don't understand how you can defend this guy?

Call me stupid, but I think Damaso can be good against Ortiz...here's why: Games 1 and 3 will be twilight games. Even if he's got average stuff, his arm angle still seems like he's throwing it from behind the batter...and it ain't easy to pick up the ball in twilight anyway. That's not a good combination for a lefty hitter.

Plus, playoff baseball is a whole different animal. Damaso may just be back.