Jon Garland 15AB 533A/1.698O

Dustin Hermanson 1AB 1000A/2000O

Orlando Hernández 32AB 344A/1.257O

Bobby Jenks 2AB 0A/0O

Damaso Marte 2AB 500A/1.167O

Brandon McCarthy 3AB 333A/667O

Cliff Politte 13AB 308A/615O

Luis Vizcaíno 3AB 333A/1833O

I don't see enough there from Marte to warrant his spot over BMac.

BMac vs LHers: 34IP 205A 3HR 9W 28K 1.01 WHIP

DMar vs LHers: 23IP 267A 1HR 15W 32K 1.70 WHIP

It makes no sense to stick with Marte. BOS going with 10 arms doesn't make any sense to me either.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozzie rewards his players that have been there from the beginning. El Duque was, plus as mentioned BMAC would not have been ready to pitch till game three probably. The kid is good, but El Duque deserves to be on the roster. I would have liked to have seen Gload on too because he adds that LH PH bat, if nothing else, and he could have subbed for Konerko if needed. Blum is useful, but not productive. Willie Harris deserves to be on the roster too. Little Willie adds speed and can help defensively. Maybe this off season we will see him working on SS and 2B skills for next season. He has a lot of upside.

Let's just have Brandon's arm fall off now.

If BOS can survive on 10 arms we can certainly survive on 10 arms until game 3 on Friday. Instead our ability to advance will rest on Marte's ability to get out Ortiz before Manny. :puke

What's done is done. I can only hope & pray he meets the challenge. If he does it will certainly increase his trade value in the off-season.

I still can't complain about Blum, simply because he is a defensive replacement at more than 1 position than Gload. If (god forbid) Crede's back started acting up again or something crazy like that...we have both Blum and Ozuna as backups...and Blum can also back up/replace Konerko late in games if we need to run for him.

It's probably not something we'll need, but it's 1 more layer of flexibility that you don't get with Gload.

These things are fun to debate, but my main concern is how the starting 9 performs, not who's going to be the 25th man on the roster. I like Blum's versatility, but I would prefer Gload. I like him as a pinch hitter in a key spot. Ozuna and Harris are the IF backups. Ozzie loves Blum for some reason, and we know how he feels about Ross.

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
el duque deserves it

willie deserves it.

Everyone hates marte here right? Well hernandez is just a more expensive version of marte that throws fromt he right side. If it is true that contreras would crumble without hernandez on the roster then imo he is a pussy and does not deserve a roster spot.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
If things get bad enough that a game comes down to a Gload vs. Blum decision, I tend to think we're f***ed anyways.

Tony82807 and I were talking about this last night in the case of Duque/Viz. We both wanted Duque on the roster, and I'm definitely glad to see him on the roster. However, if it ever comes down to a situation where Duque's what we need, we're probably f***ed. However, I just feel safer w/ Duque on the playoff roster.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
I'm sure Boston was saying the same exact thing last year in the ALCS about Dave Roberts.

Agreed. In a close game late, I could see Willie having a major impact as a pinch runner for PK, AJP or Everett. Say what you will about Willie, but he can run and that is why he is on the playoff roster.