good news!!!!!!

winninguglyin83

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
four experts, led by Mariotti and Paige, all picked against the White Sox.

They  split two-two on Yankees-Angels series

but nobody is picking the White Sox to win.

which is fine with me

They haven't picked the White Sox to win all season, so why would they change their minds now?

Ain't it funny that somehow every year the so-called experts forget what wins baseball games in October? In case you've forgotten: PITCHING and DEFENSE. Obviously you have to score runs to win but in the playoffs it's almost always about low scoring games and good pitching and defense. Year in year out. People point to Boston's prodigious lineup last year while I point to Derek Lowe, Pedro Martinez, Curt Schilling and Keith Foulke. If the Yankees had any kind of pitching whatsoever the Red Sox would never have come back against them. Have people forgotten what Derek Lowe did last year???

IMHO Boston has failed to replace Foulke, Lowe or Pedro and Schilling was better last year than he is now, bloody sock and all.

This is a match up that favors the white sox, no doubt about it. I just don't see how people can overlook that. Whatever.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
Ain't it funny that somehow every year the so-called experts forget what wins baseball games in October? In case you've forgotten: PITCHING and DEFENSE. Obviously you have to score runs to win but in the playoffs it's almost always about low scoring games and good pitching and defense. Year in year out. People point to Boston's prodigious lineup last year while I point to Derek Lowe, Pedro Martinez, Curt Schilling and Keith Foulke. If the Yankees had any kind of pitching whatsoever the Red Sox would never have come back against them. Have people forgotten what Derek Lowe did last year???

IMHO Boston has failed to replace Foulke, Lowe or Pedro and Schilling was better last year than he is now, bloody sock and all.

This is a match up that favors the white sox, no doubt about it. I just don't see how people can overlook that. Whatever.

Well said! :cheers

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Here's one from like back in June...not directed at the person posting this, but instead directed at the good ATH folks:

WE DON'T CARE

I really hope someone has a sign that says that at the game...and maybe something that says "East Coast Sports Propaganda Network."

Mariotti is just as big of a moron as the rest, if not bigger. Most of the time I think that Hawk speaks out of his hindside, but in reference to Jay he is right on the money.

Read Mariotti's column before I left Logan airport this morning, and it made me chuckle to read his drivel just one day before we take the field. I hope to hell we not only beat the Red Cubs (had to steal it because I love it :D ) but do so in a fashion that might make him roll his own words up and shove them up his ass!

I will be there tomorrow, ready to watch this well-prepared, relaxed, and rolling team do some early damage to He-Who-Needs-To-Shave.....

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
four experts, led by Mariotti and Paige, all picked against the White Sox.

They  split two-two on Yankees-Angels series

but nobody is picking the White Sox to win.

which is fine with me

Really, can't Marriotti find anything else to say? I mean he just keeps blabbering on about the 11 game lead crap , I think he said 15 today and hopw it got down to 1.5. Hey Marrioti !! SO WHAT, THEY STEPED UP WHEN THEY NEEDED TOO.

Something you fail to do Marriotti, find somethign new to talk about. I mean he really beats the dead horse :angry:

Edited by JoshPR

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
It can't be a good sign for baseball if the same two teams match up in the ALCS three years in a row. I heard talk of parity from some talking heads after game #162 but that won't be heard much longer if that happens.

Six of the eight teams in the playoffs were there last year.

Well pitching and defense are two-thirds of it. I never got that addage. Offense is just as important as the other two. The Red Sox sure scored a lot of runs in the ALCS last year. Anaheim outslugged the Yanks in 02. They are still just baseball games, however magnified, the same things that win them in April win them in October.