Congrats from the Cubs

watchtower41

Pretty. Its soooooo prettttty. :D

And whats even more hilarious, all the local sports shops in the Wrigley area took down all the Lee and Prior jerseys and replaced the windows with Sox AL Champs gear and player t-shirts. The good ole reliable, If you cant :fight em, :cheers em. Silly Cubbie fans, our bandwagon has no need for billygoats. :nono

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
Steve Bartman, wherever the hell you are, STAY THE f*** AWAY FROM USCF.

f*** that, I love that dude. Made life somewhat liveable for years to come. If the Cubs would've won the WS, I would have crawled in a cave and never come out.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Gammons picked us too. Let's see you shake off that jinx.  :crying

I mentioned in another thread, but Gammons was on Dan Patrick today picking the carmines in THREE! what a jag, printing one thing then saying another. He doesn't think the Sox can score enough to keep up with Boston. Yeah Pete, that pitching staff scares the s*** out of us.

QUOTE(Art Vandelay @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
Yeah I tend to agree. I mean, after Sox fans celebrated lavishly following the '03 Bartman debacle, they could very easily have a "go f*** yourself" attitude!

The ballclubs and personnel are both respective enough of each other. But I don't expect or even want Cubs fans pulling for the Sox in the playoffs, because I certainly didn't wish anything but failure on them in '03.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
The ballclubs and personnel are both respective enough of each other.  But I don't expect or even want Cubs fans pulling for the Sox in the playoffs, because I certainly didn't wish anything but failure on them in '03.

I was hoping for success for the Cubs. In my dream scenario they would be 1 out away from the WS and have it all collapse. :lolhitting This was close enough.

Didn't Williams wish success for the Cubs during their 2003 playoff push? It's a good gesture, sure; but I'm always weary of anything occuring at Wrigley.

Although this sure as hell doesn't make up for the article written in today's Tribune.....

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
I was hoping for success for the Cubs. In my dream scenario they would be 1 out away from the WS and have it all collapse.  :lolhitting  This was close enough.

What are you trying to do, set us up for that kind of heartbreak? Talk about tempting the baseball gods. :headshake

I like it. I like seeing respect between the two clubs when they aren't on the fields. I also have no problem with any of the Cub fans pulling for the Sox. I have a father-in-law who is a Cubs fan, and he is pulling for them, to the point of even stopping watching the Cubs in the end of the season to watch the Sox, because the Sox were doing something, and he wanted to see good baseball, and see something we don't get to see often. Plus I think my love for the Sox makes him like them a little.

Then I have two bosses here, both of them HUGE Cubs fans. Season ticket holders and all. But they are pulling for the Sox. They say the best thing they could see happen would be a Sox/Cards series, and watching the Sox destroy the Cardinals. The one even said he would buy a Sox hat at that point to REALLY pull for them so stomp on the red birds, but he didn't want to be a "band wagoner". So I suggested he just borrow one of my hats.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
You make it sound like it's a bad thing. . .   :D

lol...

I only get bugged by the Cubsession when I see guys in Cubs Suck shirts when the Sox are playing the Twins or Injuns or someone like that. It just looks like they don't understand which games are important.

No matter how you slice it, that is class on the part of the Cubs organization. The Sox fan in me doesn't like being upstaged by the northsiders, and sure as heck doesn't like losing to them. However, the human being in me can't help feeling good will after the gesture. I would like to believe some Sox fans would feel similarly.

SFF