Congrats from the Cubs

watchtower41

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
Didn't Williams wish success for the Cubs during their 2003 playoff push? It's a good gesture, sure; but I'm always weary of anything occuring at Wrigley.

Although this sure as hell doesn't make up for the article written in today's Tribune.....

what article? Oh did that jag Eric Zorn right another article.

No matter how you slice it, that is class on the part of the Cubs organization. The Sox fan in me doesn't like being upstaged by the northsiders, and sure as heck doesn't like losing to them. However, the human being in me can't help feeling good will after the gesture. I would like to believe some Sox fans would feel similarly.

SFF

[/quote I have endured being a white sox fan for 50 years as my father before me and 2 out of 3 children thereafter. MY daughter married a cubs fan he was a good kid. ONe thing I never thought about it was that he was also a Bosox fan. . Is a Chicagoan rooting for the Bosox really a cubs fan in disguise. As far as the rivalry I have many cub fans as friends they follow their cubbies for reasons I can not fathom. If my son in law would root for the whitesox I would fear for my grandchildren.