Curry Traded

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can bet it will be Tim Thomas, Sweetney and someone else. This could turn out good for Chicago, but the guys they get in return will have to step up there level of play in Chicago and fit into the system.

If they are willing they should be happy to be coming here. I think losing Curry could have a really big impact on the club (especially if Curry was healthy) but with all the risks involved in his situation (and I'm a huge Curry supporter) depending on what they got this could be as good a time as any to move him.

Paxson already gave the press release and he was furious with Curry's camp. You can bet something happened. Considering how upset he is, I have my doubts as to what exactly the Bulls were able to get.

I just hope its a couple guys that can help this year and that have expiring contracts.

I think there is gonna be quite a bit of details coming out in the next 24-48 hrs on the type of guy both Curry and his agent is.

I mean Curry had his flaws, but his agent is a royal class prick. The Bulls are trying there best to do whats in the best interest of Eddy's health and he has his agent whispering in one ear talking about how much crap there is.

I also assume that Paxson got to the point that he didn't want this to be an issue the entire year (Curry's lingering free agency as well as potential hard feelings against the organization) and something obviously spurred him to do it now.

Camp starts tomorrow and hopefully the new Bulls players will fit in well and buy into Skiles scheme. If someone could ever teach Thomas how to play some defense it could turn into a good move (if they get Timmy).

Who knows what the Bulls will get.

One hting, don't be stunned if this trade is rescinded (sp?). Now, there won't be a dna test but Curry will get a rather rigorous physical from the Knicks so I wouldn't be stunned if this trade comes back on Thursday or Friday. In my opinion, Curry did the right hting for himself by refusing the DNA test but the Bulls will be happy with Sweetney.

Which is why it makes sense (for those that realize the idiot that Isiah is) for him to deal his only two players left with expiring contracts for another max contract player that can't play any defense.

I could be wrong though but I sure hope Paxson didn't take on any long term deals in this trade.

I'm not an NBA guy, but could this be the NBA version of the Sosa deal?

Getting rid of a guy for whatever the hell you can get just to get him out of town?

I know Sosa is washed up, owed a ton of money, etc. and Curry is still young, promising, ??liked in the lockerroom??, but could this end up being a real negative thing for an otherwise postitive, rebuilding franchise?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)

Getting rid of a guy for whatever the hell you can get just to get him out of town?

I know Sosa is washed up, owed a ton of money, etc. and Curry is still young, promising, ??liked in the lockerroom??, but could this end up being a real negative thing for an otherwise postitive, rebuilding franchise?

If this trade ends up hurting the Bulls I will eat my toes, ol' chap.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)

Either way curry is gone at the end of the year. So we might as well get some players back this year that can help us... because at this point it doesn't look like curry would be doing jack s*** for us.

If curry turns out to be an all-star trading curry at this point is still the right move. This also puts us in a bettter position in the following off-seasons.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 07:39 PM)
You say this because...

Curry's health is still a question, he was a prick, he's not a good baseketball player?  What?

Yes, eh a little, yes.

The Bulls are gonna win on defense, Curry doesn't fit the bill.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Either way curry is gone at the end of the year. So we might as well get some players back this year that can help us... because at this point it doesn't look like curry would be doing jack s*** for us.

If curry turns out to be an all-star trading curry at this point is still the right move. This also puts us in a bettter position in the following off-seasons.

Ah, gottcha. I was under the impression Pax and company wanted to keep the hometown talent in the franchise despite the king's ransom he was going to ask for.

Let's hope we get in return is a little better than a couple mid-prospects from the Oriole organization. :P

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 07:39 PM)
You say this because...

Curry's health is still a question, he was a prick, he's not a good baseketball player?  What?

Curry is actual a very nice person. I have met he several times and he has taken his time to talk to the fans and media. He has also learned to handle himself much better with the media this past seasont than ever before. It is just when he gets on the basketball floor he is dumb as rocks. He takes advice from all the wrong people ( jamal crawford for one, his agent for two, his mother seems to be insane).

He is also an o.k. shooting guard but it's too bad he is in the body of a seven footer.

I saw someone mention that there is some speculation this deal is larger than just Eddy Curry (and I'm not talking someone like Pargo/Pike, but a better player or so they hinted). This was being mentioned by an admin over at a Bulls board I frequent once in a great while (ie during trade deadline and if there is breaking news regarding the Bulls).