Curry Traded

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Too bad there ain't squat really out there in next years free agent class.  Unless of course they find a way to get Ben Wall out of Detroit.

Wallace is declining and some team will sign him to an insane deal ( it's the nba) stay away from him. While his help defense is still top notch, his man to man defense has deteriated.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I don't get. If Paxson already announced this as a done deal. How come the names haven't come out yet. Have the Bulls been given some sort of list, so that Skiles can talk with Paxson to see just which players he'd want (I'm guessing Scott would have some input and that this deal may of just totally came on like wildfire when something happened between the Bulls camp and Curry's camp).

Otherwise I'd think when you announced that he was dealt, you would also announce the new parts and at least sound semi enthused about the new pieces your getting. But maybe this is just one of those situations where the best way to win would of been, Curry passing the DNA test, signing a fat extension and instead the Bulls had to deal him and take on players of lesser talent (although decent).

Unfortunately I'm COMPLETELY handcuffed on this one, but all the details should be out in the next 20-30 minutes anyway. All I can say is the actual deal is NOT one which was reported in any of the many articles which went to press over the last few weeks. I was shocked at this one.

This is a post by someone who seems to act like he knows whats going on (no idea if he really does). I don't know if this was announced to a room somewhere but they are just waiting on league approval or something to fully release the pieces?

from a reliable guy on Bulls RealGM board

Unfortunately I'm COMPLETELY handcuffed on this one, but all the details should be out in the next 20-30 minutes anyway. All I can say is the actual deal is NOT one which was reported in any of the many articles which went to press over the last few weeks. I was shocked at this one.

same guy...

No third team.. and no, we didn't rape the Knicks if thats what you guys are asking
Edited by WHarris1

So you guys are telling me that he has inside connections?

We shall see...its gonna be interesting. It doesn't sound like the Bulls got ripped, buti t sounds like they gave up one of their starters or better role players.

I don't want to see Deng or Noc dealt.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
So you guys are telling me that he has inside connections? 

We shall see...its gonna be interesting.  It doesn't sound like the Bulls got ripped, buti t sounds like they gave up one of their starters or better role players.

I don't want to see Deng or Noc dealt.

If Deng is dealt...I am going to Pax's home and kicking him in the balls.

I might cry if we trade Deng.

f*** f*** f*** DONT DEAL DENG

The hole could be that the Bulls won't be getting a center in return and that because of that they'll have a hole in there starting lineup which will need replacing.

That or a guy like Davis is being shipped back to New York (wouldn't make a lot of sense though).

Cause I really couldn't see Pax dealing Noc, Deng or Hinrich. Those guys are all a big part of this team (obviously Chandler and Gordon are going nowhere) and Duhon just signed so he can't be dealt, IIRC.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
The hole could be that the Bulls won't be getting a center in return and that because of that they'll have a hole in there starting lineup which will need replacing.

That or a guy like Davis is being shipped back to New York (wouldn't make a lot of sense though). 

Cause I really couldn't see Pax dealing Noc, Deng or Hinrich.  Those guys are all a big part of this team (obviously Chandler and Gordon are going nowhere) and Duhon just signed so he can't be dealt, IIRC.

Can you link me to the BBB thread you are reading Jas?

Much better. Put it this way, I have a lot of faith in John Paxson and any deal he makes will be the benefit of the Bulls. He will not hurt the team.

However, I can see more changes (signing or trading) before the season opens, but again this is just my opinion.

More from that poster, makes things sound a little better. An analyst in Chicago speculated that originally a holdup was the Bulls wanted to make sure they got some draft picks out of the deal (so they presumed the Bulls will be getting a pick or 2).

Whether you believe me or not is not my concern at all. The fact is I know and you guys dont, and unfortunately there is no way I can disclose that information without jeopardising my career.

I will say this and only this though.. You will be SHOCKED at Chicago's side of the deal. That is where the suprise is. Good suprise or bad? You decide when the details are released.

I'm out.

Interesting speculation.

I'm a little worried of what it could possibly be if it's already being speculated that it isn't what was originally being considered...Tim Thomas and Sweeney.

Oh well.

I will say this though...A big shake-up wouldn't be the end of the world with this team only being playoff-caliber and not really championship-caliber, but if the Knicks are involved I really can't see anyone on that team that would truly improve the Bulls. If only we could find a way to somehow pry away a superstar from somewhere...not gonna happen, though.

I guess all we can do is trust in Pax.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
What a douche.

He is a douche because he cannot leak his infomation? Why do you think shuf doesn't post here anymore now that he works with the white sox? If someone catches on that it is them posting and leaking anything they will be fired.