Curry Traded

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
Not sure if this has been mentioned but AD will be back with the bulls soon. The Knicks agreed to release AD to the Bulls after he gets traded.

He will be back in about twenty days... he will have two pre season games with the bulls before the season starts,

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
I'll believe it when I see it. :bang  We are all well aware of Eddy's self admitted work ethic.

And with his heart condition, you know that he limited the strenous excercises.

The Chicago Bulls convey to the New York Knicks the contract of Antonio Davis and the signed-and-traded contract of Eddy Curry. In exchange, New York conveys to Chicago the contracts of Tim Thomas and Michael Sweetney, the signed-and-traded contract of Jermaine Jackson, and New York’s regular second round draft choice in 2007 and 2009.

In addition, New York conveys to Chicago, New York’s 2006 regular first round draft choice on condition that the pick does not actually go to Utah (due to not being number 26-30) and also on condition that New York receives San Antonio’s 2006 regular first round selection (due to being number 11-30). If New York’s 2006 first round does go to Utah (due to being number 26-30), and New York does receive San Antonio’s 2006 first round pick (due to being number 11-30), New York conveys to Chicago that San Antonio first round selection.

In addition, New York also conveys to Chicago the right to switch first round draft picks with New York in 2007 provided that New York’s first round selection does not go to Utah (is not number 25-30). Per team policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed. This trade is conditional upon the players passing their physicals.

http://www.insidehoops.com/curry-tr...ks-100405.shtml

Jannero Pargo signed a one-year deal worth $875,000 with the Bulls.
Edited by qwerty

Officially a done deal now.

Chicago signs Eddy Curry and trades him along with Antonio Davis to New York for Tim Thomas, Michael Sweetney and Jermaine Jackson (sign-and-trade). New York also sent Chicago its 2007 and 2009 second round draft picks, a conditional 2006 first round draft pick and a conditional right to swap 2007 first round draft picks with Chicago.

http://www.nba.com/transactions/current_mo...ansactions.html

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 01:26 AM)
If the Bulls want a guy and Charlotte and Orlando are bidding this time around, 90% of the players (for a similar price) will be coming to Chicago.

That didn't happen a few years ago with Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady. Players will always be interested in coming to a team in Florida because there's no state income tax. But we'd have no room for Peja anyways with Hill and Turkloglu there already. Ben Wallace however........

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
That didn't happen a few years ago with Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady. Players will always be interested in coming to a team in Florida because there's no state income tax. But we'd have no room for Peja anyways with Hill and Turkloglu there already. Ben Wallace however........

Gonna be funny when wallace rapes a team for a near max contract ( probally will be a max contract).

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
Gonna be funny when wallace rapes a team for a near max contract ( probally will be a max contract).

Supply and demand, to put it simply. If only we didn't include him in the Grant Hill deal. :crying

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
I'll believe it when I see it. :bang  We are all well aware of Eddy's self admitted work ethic.

Eddy supposedly started strapping down and working out a few weeks back and I remember reading he was in good shape. He just hasn't done any basketball playing IIRC.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)

Umm...check the records, that Bulls team wasn't a winner...this one is. Winning is the only reason those players weren't in Chicago. If it were this team during that off-season Tmac would of signed here immediately.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
Eddy supposedly started strapping down and working out a few weeks back and I remember reading he was in good shape.  He just hasn't done any basketball playing IIRC.

I'm not an NBA power forward, but for me, a couple weeks of work is not enough to get me back into good shape.

There are 2 ways to add weight...muscle, and fat.

Sweetney's 2006-2007 option has already been picked up ( contrary to what most think) so we won't have to worry about him leaving any time soon. He is also a restricted free agent after that option year.

New York Knicks President of Basketball Operations Isiah Thomas announced today that forward Mike Sweetney's option for the 2006-07 season has been picked up by the team.

Sweetney, 6-8, 270-pounds, finished his second season with the Knicks during 2004-05 and averaged 8.4 points and 5.4 rebounds in 77 games. Originally drafted as the ninth overall pick in the 2003 NBA Draft, the 22-year-old Washington, D.C.-native registered career-highs in almost every statistical category from his rookie season in 2003-04

I just hope the Bulls get Davis back. I can't see him sticking with the Knicks considering he talked about retiring if he wasn't playing for the Bulls. Hopefully there will be some more verification on this and that indeed he'll be back with the Bulls.

Without him the Bulls would lack a true center (he may not be a starter, but he can still give the Bulls quality minutes off the bench and start in a pinch). Plus he's a tremendous leader and just an all around good guy.

They have definately made quite a few moves to the surrounding cast and its going to be interesting to see what they are all about. I'm also interested in seeing if Sweetney has worked hard in the off-season and I'm hoping the Bulls really push him (he's always been a little overweight, but has been said to have a really good work ethic) so hopefully they can get him in gear.

He's been known to be a horrid defender when he's on the court for an extended period of time because he gets entirely gassed. He's also a bit undersized (height wise) but is a solid rebounder and scorer.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
I just hope the Bulls get Davis back. I can't see him sticking with the Knicks considering he talked about retiring if he wasn't playing for the Bulls.  Hopefully there will be some more verification on this and that indeed he'll be back with the Bulls.

Without him the Bulls would lack a true center (he may not be a starter, but he can still give the Bulls quality minutes off the bench and start in a pinch).  Plus he's a tremendous leader and just an all around good guy. 

They have definately made quite a few moves to the surrounding cast and its going to be interesting to see what they are all about.  I'm also interested in seeing if Sweetney has worked hard in the off-season and I'm hoping the Bulls really push him (he's always been a little overweight, but has been said to have a really good work ethic) so hopefully they can get him in gear. 

He's been known to be a horrid defender when he's on the court for an extended period of time because he gets entirely gassed.  He's also a bit undersized (height wise) but is a solid rebounder and scorer.

Sweetney's defense = curry's defense.

No reason he cannot give us 16 and 8 this season in a starting role.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
Once more no place to really put this but it's a good trade for the rockets...

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...ston_for_james/

Agreed. James is a good scorer when he gets hot, but Alston played terrific last year and is a pretty solid defender (something James is not). Definately a very good move. I'm guessing the Raptors made this deal because they wanted nothing to do with Alston's attitude (if I recall he had a few runs ins with their coach last season).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Its funny, I read that article and it says James is a defensive stopper...my ass.  Alston is the better of the two defensively, imo.  I can't say I've watched a whole lot of either though.

Mike james is a very good defender. He is actually kinda known for it.