Curry Traded

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
Sweetney's defense = curry's defense.

The questions are: when you put him in Scott Skiles's system, will his defense improve more than Curry's did, and if he does score 16 points for us a game, will he also average 16 turnovers a game?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a couple douches to another... thomas is not really liked around the league.

"People say my game wasn't where it should have been, but...sometimes (circumstances prevent) you from getting to a place where you want to be. So for Ray to say that I never stepped up is cowardly. Go ahead and print that. Because when I see Ray, I'm going to choke the (heck) out of him." -- Tim Thomas, on his tenure in Milwaukee.

"Tim Thomas is about excuses. It's always somebody else's fault. He said I was jealous? He should thank me for helping him get that contract. He said I didn't show? They traded me, they traded Ray, they traded Big Dog [Robinson] and Tim Thomas still wasn't the man on that team. Michael Redd became the man there. I think I'm doing quite well for myself here. Right now, he needs to focus on his game. Right now, he's not a good basketball player. And I like Tim Thomas. He just has too many damn excuses." -- Sam Cassell.

"If the guy can't take somebody saying the truth about him, then what are you? You just want yes-men around you all day long? That's what it seems like he wants, yes-men to say, 'Tim you're great. You're doing this and that.' Nah, that's not the case. Tim was getting paid $10 million a year, and he's only averaging 13 points a game. That's not good enough. I don't care how you look at it. I think he got in the New York media, and he tried to make excuses for everything he didn't do right." -- Ray Allen, on Tim Thomas saying he would choke Allen.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
The questions are:  when you put him in Scott Skiles's system, will his defense improve more than Curry's did, and if he does score 16 points for us a game, will he also average 16 turnovers a game?

He just cannot keep up with opponents. At this point we have three players we needs to hide at once defensively. Gordon, thomas, and sweetney who are all awful defenders. I know skiles did well with curry and gordon last year but i don't know how he will do with a third... but i have alot of faith.

Sweetney does not turn it over at an overly alarming rate so i do not understand. While any way he is better than curry in that department.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
Mike james is a very good defender. He is actually kinda known for it.

Shows what I know. I'm just basing it on the handful of games I saw him play in and I saw him burned defensively. I've always been kind of impressed with Alston though.

So chalk one up for me in the wrong column :D

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
From a couple douches to another... thomas is not really liked around the league.

He's going to be in for a shocker when he meets Skiles. If Skiles can't get his ass in gear, no one can. This has the potential to turn into a pretty high profile move (Tim Thomas has always had the tools) or it could turn into a disaster to where the Bulls will just unload him to any taker out there (luckily he's only here for a year at the most if he does stink).

You know Skiles is the type of guy that will knock a player and really point out his flaws (to the player) in order to help the guy get better. Its why he's such a damn good coach.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
He's going to be in for a shocker when he meets Skiles.  If Skiles can't get his ass in gear, no one can.  This has the potential to turn into a pretty high profile move (Tim Thomas has always had the tools) or it could turn into a disaster to where the Bulls will just unload him to any taker out there (luckily he's only here for a year at the most if he does stink). 

You know Skiles is the type of guy that will knock a player and really point out his flaws (to the player) in order to help the guy get better.  Its why he's such a damn good coach.

All the reasons why he is a good coach are the same reasons people hate him. Alot of people rather players get babied so that there are not any problems. There are also people that think that he is not the coach that can take this team all the way ( why is this?!?). Btw, i would like someone to give some good reasons why they think that.

Edited by qwerty

Even if Tim Thomas is a "cancer" he isnt really needed on this team with Deng and Nocioni so if he causes any problems than he is gone pretty much. Im going to miss Curry a lot though. He was just starting to really heat up too when the heart problems started :crying.... well for his sake i hope his heart is ok.

"With the deals he has done this summer, Isiah's the front-runner for Executive of the Year in my opinion,'' Crawford said. ''He brought in one of the best coaches of all time [in Larry Brown], who does nothing but win. He brought in a talented center in Jerome James, and now he brings in Eddy, one of the best centers in the game. And Antonio Davis is a tremendous leader and talented forward.

"I remember predicting that the Bulls would trade Eddy this summer, just like they traded me last summer. But not in a million years would I have believed we would be reunited. Now with two Hall of Famers like Isiah and coach Brown guiding us, we could only get better.''

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 04:10 AM)
Jamal Crawford is one of the biggest meatheads on Earth.

I kind of liked him when he was a bull. I mean i accepted the fact he was gone after the trade and I didnt b**** about it all season like some people but I still liked him as a bull. He always had a connection with EC on the court they worked very well together I thought.

Now unlike Crawford im really really going to miss Curry. I know it had to happen I guess but man im kind of pissed that we lost him.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
I kind of liked him when he was a bull.  I mean i accepted the fact he was gone after the trade and I didnt b**** about it all season like some people but I still liked him as a bull.  He always had a connection with EC on the court they worked very well together I thought.

Now unlike Crawford im really really going to miss Curry.  I know it had to happen I guess but man im kind of pissed that we lost him.

Knicks winning percentage B.C. (Before Crawford): .498 over 5 seasons

Knicks winning percentage with Crawford: .402

Bulls winning percentage with Crawford: .271 over 4 seasons

Bulls winning percentage after Crawford left: .573

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
Umm...check the records, that Bulls team wasn't a winner...this one is. Winning is the only reason those players weren't in Chicago. If it were this team during that off-season Tmac would of signed here immediately.

Well considering T-Mac grew up in Orlando, I still would have thought he would have signed with the Magic, even if they had the same record as the Bulls. Were Chicago even that interested in Hill? Jerry Krause wasn't the most liked GM at the time either.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
:lol:

By the way, I didn't know that Eddy Curry is "one of the best centers in the game." :rolly

Actually, Eddy probably is one of the best centers in the NBA. But that is more of an indictment of the quality of C play in the NBA than Curry's production up to this point.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
Actually, Eddy probably is one of the best centers in the NBA.  But that is more of an indictment of the quality of C play in the NBA than Curry's production up to this point.

He wouldn't be in the top 5, maybe the top 10. But I'm not a fan of Curry, so others may put him in the top 5 around the league.