Curry Traded

The details:

Curry, 22, and veteran Antonio Davis to the New York Knicks in a sign-and-trade deal for Mike Sweetney, Tim Thomas, Jermaine Jackson, a first-round pick in 2006 and second-round picks in 2007 and 2009.

Jackson & Davis are expected to be waived. Davis likely to return to Bulls.

There will be much debate over this. How can you in good conscience let Curry play when the best doctor in that field states emphatically Curry should take the DNA test? Why did he come to this conclusion? Because the similarities to Lewis were simply too great to ignore. Remember Lewis was in a very similar sit. He was cleared to play because he found a doctor who would clear him. Curry has pretty much done the same & I would have to think the risk is even greater to the big man.

I pray that Isiah Thomas & the Knicks do the right thing.

As for the Bulls, they picked up 2 starting forwards, a first round pick, second round pick, & are likely to get Davis back all for Curry. That's a nice-ahh deal !!! Paxson's done a good job!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
Sweetney's defense = curry's defense.

No reason he cannot give us 16 and 8 this season in a starting role.

I highly doubt he scores 16 ppg in any season of his career.

And at 6-8, I wouldn't consider his defense equal to Curry's scoring ability in the low post and his high shooting %.

IIRC, last year Sweetney gave the Bulls fits late in games. The Knicks would stick his wide body in the lane and he would scoop up and around eddy. I think the beauty in this deal is going to be the draft picks, and the addition of Tim Thomas. I think his little 5-10 ft jump shot is gonna be big for the bulls who lacked interior scoring without Eddy and Deng.

The Bulls are going to be extremely scrappy this year, and I think they will carry thier confidence over from last year. Confidence will be huge for them, they started last year pretty bad, and once Skiles got them to win a few games they were a force.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
There's no way you can blame those records solely on Crawford.

I think Crawford was a symptom, not a cause. He went where he could play streetball, and look what it got him. A worse record than he had before.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)

Exactly maybe it was because Curry and Chandler finnally stepped up. Or how about Gordon leading the way to all those wins for us in the 4th quarter. Or maybe the overall play of Deng during the season and maybe Nocioni had a little to do with it. Maybe Skiles did his best coaching job yet and deserves some praise.... but no.. In Qwerty's world the only reason we got better is because we lost Crawford.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
In Qwerty's world the only reason we got better is because we lost Crawford.

I didnt see him say that at all. He used the record to refute your assertion that Eddy and Crawford worked on the court together well. When did this happen? I certainly didnt see anything but two immature basketball players with tremendous skill, completely abandoning any sort of work ethic so that they could play one on five basketball.

Lets face it, the Bulls SUCKED with those two players on the team and they were supposed to be the cornerstones. Now when Eddy is basically forced to develop a work ethic so that he could get paid, he showcases his skills until a heart problem set him back. Crawford has no such excuse. The kid can shoot. The kid cannot, or will not, defend. There was no place on the bulls for that type of player anymore.

Isiah as executive of the year is f***ing hilarious. And it shows how much Crawford knows about the game.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 04:30 AM)
:lol:

By the way, I didn't know that Eddy Curry is "one of the best centers in the game." :rolly

What are you talking about? How did Jamal Crawford launching up brick after brick and playing no defense ever hurt our record in previous years? :D

Well, let's see. Tim Thomas doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound, but he can shoot. Ummm...

The Knicks? :D

Hey, who were you before you adopted your new username? I see that you have 100+ posts in less than 48 hours.

We could have used you around here last season if these posts are an indication. What are your thoughts on Tyson Chandler? Your thoughts on Ben Gordon? Say the right thing, and :wub:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
So I'd be guessing in the off-season, if the Bulls miss out on Peja, they'd want a hard nosed defensive center. Someone like Kelvin Cato perhaps........

Nazr mohammod.

Joel pryzibiila.

Nene hilario.

One of those three will be a bull next off-season.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
I highly doubt he scores 16 ppg in any season of his career.

And at 6-8, I wouldn't consider his defense equal to Curry's scoring ability in the low post and his high shooting %.

In 19.6 minutes he averaged 8.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game. Give him 30 minutes and have him start i am pretry sure he would be in the 16 and 8 range.

Sweetney shot .531 and curry shot .538. If he had more minutes to qualify he would have been sixth in the nba while curry was fifth.

Both are just awful defenders.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)

Never said that.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
Or how about Gordon leading the way to all those wins for us in the 4th quarter.  Or maybe the overall play of Deng during the season and maybe Nocioni had a little to do with it.  Maybe Skiles did his best coaching job yet and deserves some praise.... but no.. In Qwerty's world the only reason we got better is because we lost Crawford.

How a we would not have to rely on gordon in the fourth if he could just stay in the game int he fist three quarters. He usually racks up 2 fouls within the first five minutes and he has to sit on the bench until the end of the second half. His stamina ( which he worked on this off-season) was also an issuse.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
I didnt see him say that at all.  He used the record to refute your assertion that Eddy and Crawford worked on the court together well. When did this happen?  I certainly didnt see anything but two immature basketball players with tremendous skill, completely abandoning any sort of work ethic so that they could play one on five basketball. 

Lets face it, the Bulls SUCKED with those two players on the team and they were supposed to be the cornerstones. Now when Eddy is basically forced to develop a work ethic so that he could get paid, he showcases his skills until a heart problem set him back. Crawford has no such excuse. The kid can shoot.   The kid cannot, or will not, defend. There was no place on the bulls for that type of player anymore.

Isiah as executive of the year is f***ing hilarious.  And it shows how much Crawford knows about the game.

Sure he can shoot... but at s***ty percentage with a s***ty shot selection.

We should have been alot better alot quicker if not for mr krause... what a piece of s*** he was.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
We should have been alot better alot quicker if not for mr krause... what a piece of s*** he was.

Exactly.

I give a large part of the blame to krause for that record as I do to Isaiah for the knicks' record, not Crawford.

When Crawford is your number one scoring option, you can't really blame him much for having a s***ty team.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
Nazr mohammod.

Joel pryzibiila.

Nene hilario.

One of those three will be a bull next off-season.

Pryzibilla's pretty much a lock to head to Minnesota for their MLE, once the Kandi Man's deal runs out.

The other 2 I could see happening though, although teams like Atlanta etc. will also be interested.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Pryzibilla's pretty much a lock to head to Minnesota for their MLE, once the Kandi Man's deal runs out.

The other 2 I could see happening though, although teams like Atlanta etc. will also be interested.

Mle... lol. He will get a huge contract after this upcoming season.

Malik Allen, another Bulls newcomer who signed earlier this summer, has fond recollections of Thomas as a high school player—they both grew up in New Jersey—and as a teammate and roommate at Villanova.

"Tim is still the best high school player I've ever seen," Allen said. "He's so physically gifted. When you have that size and you can handle the ball like he did [and] as athletic as he was …"

He didn't watch much high school basketball me thinks.

Skiles also is known for making good use of depth, a nuance Allen has picked up by watching tape of last season's games.

"Most teams have their set rotations," Allen said. "Early in the season, they play nine or 10 guys but as the season goes on, they get into their rotation with eight, maybe nine. Coach Skiles, he said it, 'I'm not afraid to play anybody.'

"It always keeps your mind in the game. Some guys know they're not going to play, and they have a tendency to relax. It's going to work to our advantage."

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Mle... lol. He will get a huge contract after this upcoming season.

Probably, but the T-Wolves could work a sign and trade with Wally Scerbiak. Anyways, since Joel's a Minny boy, he's most likely to head back there at this stage.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
Probably, but the T-Wolves could work a sign and trade with Wally Scerbiak. Anyways, since Joel's a Minny boy, he's most likely to head back there at this stage.

It is believed he will sign resign for one year at the mle with the blazers because that is all they have to spend next off-season. The two off-season from now lock him up long term. He really like portland for whatever reason.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
It is believed he will sign resign for one year at the mle with the blazers because that is all they have to spend next off-season. The two off-season from now lock him up long term. He really like portland for whatever reason.

Probably because they actually gave him a chance. :bang