Best CHicago Rock Staion?

Random

What is Chicago's best rock station?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is Chicago's best rock station?

• Q101-101.1
    • The loop-97.9
    • the former Zone-94.7

I grew up with WLUP. I even am wearing a WLUP T-shirt in my Junior class picture. From Brandmeier, Dahl, Sky "let's get jaked and blow chunks" Daniels, Bob Stroud, The Loop Rocks Family Album, etc. It's what almost 30 years of rocking?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 03:44 AM)
I grew up with WLUP. I even am wearing a WLUP T-shirt in my Junior class picture. From Brandmeier, Dahl, Sky "let's get jaked and blow chunks" Daniels, Bob Stroud, The Loop Rocks Family Album, etc. It's what almost 30 years of rocking?

I grew up with the Loop also. Met Steve Dahl, and was on Brandmeier's show once (my wife won a jamacia trip from the show), have the albums and t-shirts. They just lost it somewhere. I do listen once in a while, and it seems like they are getting better, plus there is talk of Brandmeier coming back. Who knows, maybe they can rock again.

As long as Mancow is on Q101, they will never be the best of anything.

Oh, but to answer the question, I use CD's. I hate the radio. They don't play anything good on the radio.

Who would have thought the days of Payola were better off. :huh

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
I even am wearing a WLUP T-shirt in my Junior class picture.

He's third from the left, wearing the yelow tinted glasses to hide his stoner eyes. :P

And where the hell is the love for WXRT? Sure, the DJs all have hard-on for the same handful of bands and don't give enough airplay to some good new stuff, but I still think they're a model FM station for musicheads by musicheads.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
He's third from the left, wearing the yelow tinted glasses to hide his stoner eyes.  :P

And where the hell is the love for WXRT?  Sure, the DJs all have hard-on for the same handful of bands and don't give enough airplay to some good new stuff, but I still think they're a model FM station for musicheads by musicheads.

I got pummled by a boss that would only let us listen to XRT. I swear to God, the Beatles were calling in saying that they had heard enough Beatles stuff!!!