Pads @ Cards

danman31

In the middle of Cardinal territory I am watching this game as the fans revere Pujols as a God. Edmonds hit a 1st inning HR to give the Cards a 1-0 lead. The Pads had 1st and 2nd, 0 out but wasted it in the 2nd.

Peavy vs. Carpenter

QUOTE(danman31 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
In the middle of Cardinal territory I am watching this game as the fans revere Pujols as a God. Edmonds hit a 1st inning HR to give the Cards a 1-0 lead. The Pads had 1st and 2nd, 0 out but wasted it in the 2nd.

Peavy vs. Carpenter

Pujols is as near a baseball god as we have right now, the Cardinals fans are right to revere him. I know I would.

I see the padres wasted another opportunity with runners at 1st and 2nd and one out in the third.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
Watching Albert is like goign back in a time machine to 1994 and watching the big man play for us. very similar

He has the strongest top-hand in the game. Most of the time when he hits a homerun, it looks like a pop fly off the bat. He really is amazing to watch

Peavy is out for the rest of the playoffs with a fractured rib. Doesn't know how it happened but he started feeling it around the 3rd inning, not that the Padres ever had a chance in this series but this just about eliminates them from the playoffs.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...5news&fext=.jsp

Peavy said he first sustained the injury during last Wednesday night's celebration at PETCO Park after the Padres clinched the NL West title with a win against the Giants. It happened in the initial scrum when the Padres players ran toward Trevor Hoffman, who closed the game, on the mound.

"We were jumping around on the field," Peavy said. "The next day I thought I had some bruised ribs, that I caught an elbow or something. But I never would've imagined it would have been this."

Peavy was treated last week for the injury by Padres head trainer Todd Hutcheson, but he did his regular work on the side and figured he would be fine to pitch in the game.

"We thought it was unlikely that he had fractured a rib," Hutcheson said. "We didn't even X-ray it."

He's obviously not drinking enough milk.

Jake Peavy might start Game 4 against the Cardinals despite the broken rib he suffered yesterday.

"I wouldn't rule it out," Peavy said. "We've got a great medical staff taking a look at all of our options, and I feel like we've got some pretty good options that we can take advantage of." Peavy said he originally hurt the rib in a post-game celebration after the Padres clinched the AL West, but he doesn't believe it was broken then. That might have happened when he caught a spike delivering a pitch yesterday. Oct. 5 - 7:45 pm et

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
Goodbye SD. You didn't even deserve to play those 3 games. Be happy you made some extra revenue and go away for the winter.

Also, do the Cards even celebrate this series victory very hard?

Not in the least. The only one that was really into the celebration was Jim Edmonds, that's to be expected seeing how he's nuts.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
Goodbye SD. You didn't even deserve to play those 3 games. Be happy you made some extra revenue and go away for the winter.

Also, do the Cards even celebrate this series victory very hard?

After last year, there will only be one hard celebration on their minds. Of course, it will be denied them. :)