Boston @ Chicago - ALDS Game 2

Heads22

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Tony G. but I sure am glad he botched that play. I still feel sorry for him though. Did you see the look on his face in the following innings? Buehrle just said he feels bad for him as well on ESPN 1000.

Calling out a comment that was made. It gets done alot around here (see some of the comments posters throw at each other about Oz, Dye, etc). If you make a controversial comment here, there is a good chance you will see it again at some point, so to speak.

Posters - let's enjoy the victory and not nit pick at each other.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers :headbang :notworthy

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
It was a stupid post, he deserved it.  I'm sure he'll get over it.

What part of "no name-calling is allowed" do you not get?

But thanks. You're making me enjoy the win even more.

Knowing the idiot red sox fans will be :crying makes it that much sweeter.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:13 AM)
Some posters at SoSH just posted this pic in regards to the Tony G. play...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/jrs362/tg.gif

Seems like Tony G. is going to be Bill Buckner Part 2 if the White Sox win this series.

Far different circumstances, although the media might spin it as such. Error or not, he wouldnt be back next year. He's a starting second baseman on many teams in this league, whether you think so or not, but the Red Sox have a plethora of options in the infield next season.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
What part of "no name-calling is allowed" do you not get?

But thanks.  You're making me enjoy the win even more.

Knowing the idiot red sox fans will be  :crying  makes it that much sweeter.

I'm not crying. I don't think anyones crying. Infact, even though I am dissapointed in the Red Sox performance as a team, I am not nearly as worried as I was last year in the ALCS.

I didn't call you any names in that post, only in the original post and i've already stated I think you deserved it.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
Far different circumstances, although the media might spin it as such.  Error or not, he wouldnt be back next year.  He's a starting second baseman on many teams in this league, whether you think so or not, but the Red Sox have a plethora of options in the infield next season.

i disagree he'd be a starter on the majority of teams, he's had his chances with the royals and drays, and he's really just a util guy...i loved him here, but i didn't want him to start...he's played great for you guys htough

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
Far different circumstances, although the media might spin it as such.  Error or not, he wouldnt be back next year.  He's a starting second baseman on many teams in this league, whether you think so or not, but the Red Sox have a plethora of options in the infield next season.

Tony G a starting 2Bman on many teams?

You have got to be f***ing kidding me.

This guy was picked up by the White Sox and used as a utility IF because he COULDN'T start.

Tony Graffanino is a starter on 2 teams...KC and Boston. Quit drinking the Red Sox kool-aid and look at things objectively.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
Some posters at SoSH just posted this pic in regards to the Tony G. play...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/jrs362/tg.gif

Seems like Tony G. is going to be Bill Buckner Part 2 if the White Sox win this series.

That's ridiculous. This wasn't the WS, and they won it last year anyway. As much as there pissed at him for f***ing up, it's not even close to Buckner's error.

Edited by CYGarland

Whether I think so or not? I already said that I like Tony G. in my previous posts. And it won't just be the media spinning it that way. It will also be Red Sox fans. Many of them will blame Tony G. if the White Sox win the series.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:19 AM)
Whether I think so or not?  I already said that I like Tony G. in my previous posts.  And it won't just be the media spinning it that way.  It will also be Red Sox fans.  Many of them will blame Tony G. if the White Sox win the series.

Any knowledgable Red Sox fan, and there quite a few whether you believe it or not, won't place all if any blame on Graffanino.

Any knowledgable Red Sox fan, and there quite a few whether you believe it or not, won't place all if any blame on Graffanino.

Point taken. I disagree though. If Graffanino makes a play on a routine slow grounder, the series would likely be 1-1.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
I didn't call you any names in that post, only in the original post and i've already stated I think you deserved it.

Well, I think you deserve to be called an obnoxious, immature idiot, but I don't go around saying it.

I adhere to the board rules and keep that opinion to myself. :P

I haven't read all 70 pages of this thread but I've read the last few pages and no matter what message board I was on, I wouldn't want other posters give me crap about my team. The Red Sox are a very good team, but in Game 2, they should've won it, we got lucky with Tony's play and best of all, we made him pay for it. I'm not saying anyone is making fun of redandwhite but we should resist in talking crap about the Red Sox. This series isn't over yet. And with what redandwhite is saying, it's probably understandable. I hate it when my teams lose and I personally take offense to any comment about them. Once again I don't know all of what's been said but just outta respect for a fellow poster, I'm not gonna put his team down or anything.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)
Tony G a starting 2Bman on many teams?

You have got to be f***ing kidding me.

This guy was picked up by the White Sox and used as a utility IF because he COULDN'T start.

Tony Graffanino is a starter on 2 teams...KC and Boston.  Quit drinking the Red Sox kool-aid and look at things objectively.

where wouldnt he start (just off the top of my head)?

- Cantu in Tampa

- Roberts in Baltimore

- Belliard in Cleveland

- Iguchi in Chicago

- Polanco in Detroit

- Soriano in Texas

- Ellis in Oakland

- Kent in LA

- Utley in Philly

- Walker in Chicago

- Castillo in Florida

- Giles in Atlanta

- Reyes in New York

add to the list if you'd like, but i have him starting on about half the teams in the major leagues, which to me is "many."

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:26 AM)
I haven't read all 70 pages of this thread but I've read the last few pages and no matter what message board I was on, I wouldn't want other posters give me crap about my team. The Red Sox are a very good team, but in Game 2, they should've won it, we got lucky with Tony's play and best of all, we made him pay for it. I'm not saying anyone is making fun of redandwhite but we should resist in talking crap about the Red Sox. This series isn't over yet. And with what redandwhite is saying, it's probably understandable. I hate it when my teams lose and I personally take offense to any comment about them. Once again I don't know all of what's been said but just outta respect for a fellow poster, I'm not gonna put his team down or anything.

put them down all you want, they've played terrible in these two games. It's the:

"f*** THE MOTHERf***ING RED SOX, THEY'RE ALL PUSSIES AND s*** AND LIKE THEYRE GAY AND STUFF AND I MEAN THERE JUST REALLY GAY

...that gets me going, mostly because of how pathetic it makes that person look and how if White Sox fans are poking fun of Red Sox fans for faulting something about US Cellular Field, god knows what Red Sox fans are thinking about White Sox fans with the immaturity that continues on this board.