Boston @ Chicago - ALDS Game 2

Heads22

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
put them down all you want, they've played terrible in these two games.  It's the:

"f*** THE MOTHERf***ING RED SOX, THEY'RE ALL PUSSIES AND s*** AND LIKE THEYRE GAY AND STUFF AND I MEAN THERE JUST REALLY GAY

...that gets me going, mostly because of how pathetic it makes that person look and how if White Sox fans are poking fun of Red Sox fans for faulting something about US Cellular Field, god knows what Red Sox fans are thinking about White Sox fans with the immaturity that continues on this board.

Get use to it... happens to every team we face.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
put them down all you want, they've played terrible in these two games.  It's the:

"f*** THE MOTHERf***ING RED SOX, THEY'RE ALL PUSSIES AND s*** AND LIKE THEYRE GAY AND STUFF AND I MEAN THERE JUST REALLY GAY

...that gets me going, mostly because of how pathetic it makes that person look and how if White Sox fans are poking fun of Red Sox fans for faulting something about US Cellular Field, god knows what Red Sox fans are thinking about White Sox fans with the immaturity that continues on this board.

Yeah and I won't say that because it is immature.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:34 AM)
Get use to it... happens to every team we face.

I'm definitly used to it by now, qwert. I feel bad for you guys, because even if the White Sox in me is only secondary, its embarrassing seeing the crap that constantly floods this board.

A post on the front page with "AND THATS A MOTHERf***ING WHITE SOX WIN." Pathetic.

You seem to neglect to mention that Graffanino is having a ridiculous, career-best season. He probably won't be this good again next season.

2005 numbers: .309 AVG, .366 OBP, .425 SLG, .791 OPS

Career numbers: .268 AVG, .336 OBP, .394 SLG, .730 OPS

Also, check out ESPN.com's main page. It's already happening.

Gaffe-anino

a_wells_372.jpg

David Wells couldn't cover up Tony Graffanino's error.

The Red Sox might have reversed the curse last year. But the ghost of Bill Buckner has Boston back in an 0-2 ALDS hole following Wednesday night's 5-4 loss in Chicago.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
I'm definitly used to it by now, qwert.  I feel bad for you guys, because even if the White Sox in me is only secondary, its embarrassing seeing the crap that constantly floods this board.

A post on the front page with "AND THATS A MOTHERf***ING WHITE SOX WIN."  Pathetic.

Yeah I'd take offense to the win title if it wasn't my team. I wish the swearing would be cut on the bored but that's something we all have to live with, which is minor to me I guess.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:37 AM)
I'm definitly used to it by now, qwert.  I feel bad for you guys, because even if the White Sox in me is only secondary, its embarrassing seeing the crap that constantly floods this board.

A post on the front page with "AND THATS A MOTHERf***ING WHITE SOX WIN."  Pathetic.

Heck, atleast when I quote you(like in my sig), I quote you right.

It's Mother F'in and it's winner, not win. It's a reference to the famous John Rooney call. I thought you would know that by now since you do claim to be a White Sox fan.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:40 AM)
Heck, atleast when I quote you(like in my sig), I quote you right.

It's Mother F'in and it's winner, not win. It's a reference to the famous John Rooney call. I thought you would know that by now since you do claim to be a White Sox fan.

I can't wait until the search feature comes back.

I know Graffanino is having a career year, but he's always had a rather good on-base percenage, and been an above average player at a position that lacks them.

As for the front page.  leave it to ESPN...

Yeah, a .268 career AVG and a .336 career OBP. I like Tony G. a lot but it's quite obvious that this is a career year for him that isn't in line with any of his trends as a hitter. It's just not normal to add .041 points to your career AVG and .030 points to your career OBP in one season when you are 33 years old. He will more than likely not be this good again next season.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
where wouldnt he start (just off the top of my head)? 

- Cantu in Tampa

- Roberts in Baltimore

- Belliard in Cleveland

- Iguchi in Chicago

- Polanco in Detroit

- Soriano in Texas

- Ellis in Oakland

- Kent in LA

- Utley in Philly

- Walker in Chicago

- Castillo in Florida

- Giles in Atlanta

- Reyes in New York

add to the list if you'd like, but i have him starting on about half the teams in the major leagues, which to me is "many."

Yankees - Robinson Cano, .297, .775 OPS for a rookie isn't bad

Blue Jays - Hudson, .270 .725 or so, but probably the best defensive 2Bman starting in the AL

Twins - Cuddyer(should be their 2Bman, but due to injuries, was forced to play 3B)

KC traded him, so you can't really count them

Seattle - Lopez and Betancourt...considering the situation they are in, that's what they should do

Anaheim - Kennedy is about the same Graff

Giants - Durham hit .290 and a .356 OBP, along with a .785 OPS is solid as hell

Dbacks - Counsell/Cintron - Counsell only hit .256, but a .350 OBP...Cintron also hit .292 or so with a mediocre OPS

Padres - Mark Loretta? Hit .335 last year? .865 OPS?

Rockies - Luis Gonzalez hit .292 and a .753 OPS, which is also very solid

Cards - Grudzielanek hit .294 with a .741 OPS...again, solid

Astros - Biggio was the 2Bman all year for the most part...hit .264 with 26 homers and a .794 OPS. I'd take that over Graffanino too

Reds - Ryan Freel put up .271, a .372 OBP, along with a .743 OPS...36 steals is decent too

Brewers - Considering how young he is, and considering that he hit .239, a .727 OPS is pretty damn solid.

Pirates - Sanchez, Wigginton, Hill...this is perhaps one team that could have, but the Pirates are similar to Seattle in that you really don't want a journeyman utility infielder starting at 2B for you

Washington - Jose Vidro...no explanation needed

Need I mention that this has been, by far, the best year of Graffanino's career.

Graffanino would start in very few places...and if he's starting anywhere next year, I'll be surprised as hell.

Any knowledgable Red Sox fan, and there quite a few whether you believe it or not, won't place all if any blame on Graffanino.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=1036&st=980

Biggest difference between the previous years and this year is that we've got our best two starters going in games 3 and 4.  We should win these games; no excuse for not getting back to Chicago.

If not, Graffanino takes his place alongside Buckner and Pesky.

Told ya so.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)

Biggest difference between the previous years and this year is that we've got our best two starters going in games 3 and 4.  We should win these games; no excuse for not getting back to Chicago.

If not, Graffanino takes his place alongside Buckner and Pesky.

How sad is your rotation when your top 2 starters are an inconsistent knuckler and a 38 y/o starter that has made 11 starts this year and has an ERA of 5.69?

How sad is your rotation when your top 2 starters are an inconsistent knuckler and a 38 y/o starter that has made 11 starts this year and has an ERA of 5.69?

That guy was talking out of his ass. The next poster right after him replied with, "You're kidding right?"

:lol:

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:02 AM)
Yankees - Robinson Cano, .297, .775 OPS for a rookie isn't bad

Blue Jays - Hudson, .270 .725 or so, but probably the best defensive 2Bman starting in the AL

Twins - Cuddyer(should be their 2Bman, but due to injuries, was forced to play 3B)

KC traded him, so you can't really count them

Seattle - Lopez and Betancourt...considering the situation they are in, that's what they should do

Anaheim - Kennedy is about the same Graff

Giants - Durham hit .290 and a .356 OBP, along with a .785 OPS is solid as hell

Dbacks - Counsell/Cintron - Counsell only hit .256, but a .350 OBP...Cintron also hit .292 or so with a mediocre OPS

Padres - Mark Loretta?  Hit .335 last year?  .865 OPS?

Rockies - Luis Gonzalez hit .292 and a .753 OPS, which is also very solid

Cards - Grudzielanek hit .294 with a .741 OPS...again, solid

Astros - Biggio was the 2Bman all year for the most part...hit .264 with 26 homers and a .794 OPS.  I'd take that over Graffanino too

Reds - Ryan Freel put up .271, a .372 OBP, along with a .743 OPS...36 steals is decent too

Brewers - Considering how young he is, and considering that he hit .239, a .727 OPS is pretty damn solid. 

Pirates - Sanchez, Wigginton, Hill...this is perhaps one team that could have, but the Pirates are similar to Seattle in that you really don't want a journeyman utility infielder starting at 2B for you

Washington - Jose Vidro...no explanation needed

Need I mention that this has been, by far, the best year of Graffanino's career. 

Graffanino would start in very few places...and if he's starting anywhere next year, I'll be surprised as hell.

Good post. You have the right to your opinion.