New York at Los Angeles

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
Is it me or did the Anaheim crowd not seem very into the game?

Yeah, i noticed that too, but it was an odd starting time, 5:30 in CA, you know because NY is all that matters, and f*** everyone else. I've spent some time in the LA area and traffic is always bad, but at that time it's impossible to get anywhere in a reasonable time, it had to be a complete nightmare.

Also, I think Colon's health has been shaky, his back?, so they might have been holding their breaths to see how he was, and 4 straight hits with 2 outs leading to 3 runs can take a crowd out quickly, that's why it was key the Count shut down the Red Sox after Edgar's double...

Edited by SoxFan562004

i have no clue who i'd rather face...

NY has a killer offense and no pitching, much like the sawks

LA is basically another version of the white sox...

do we wanna play another boston or ourselves? dunno which we'd be better at...

The Angels will run like crazy on us. I'll take my chances with the Bronx Bombers. At least Contreras or Garcia give up a single to a Yankee, its just a single. With Figgins or some of the other Angels, its essentially a triple because 2nd and 3rd get stolen.

Agreed. I hate to do it but I'm actually rooting for the Yankees to win that series. Figgins and Cabrera could steal at will on the tandem of Contreras, Garcia, and Pierzynski. The Yankees have a much better lineup than the Angels but they play station-to-station baseball and our pitchers have shown that they can strand those slow, non-risktaking baserunners. Not so with the Angels' speedy guys on base.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
Is it me or did the Anaheim crowd not seem very into the game?

I was there last nite - We were totally into the game until it was 4-zip and then yes, a little bit of air went out of 5the crowd - this is normal. But in big game situations (Bengie's homer, big strikeous, Erstad's single), we got loud. Maybe the mics were turned down on tv...

I wasn't at last nights game, but I can vouch for Anaheim fans. They show up a little late, but they've gotten pretty good at getting loud. In fact, I was never at a louder stadium than when they were in the playoffs and eliminated the Yankees a couple years ago (that was insane). I remember the only time you could even hear anyone was when there was a break in the action (ie in between innings).

I had to sell my seats for the 1st round (3 tests this week and a major project due, so I couldn't be distracted...only time off was to watch the Sox game). If they make game 5 I'll be there though.