Bunt on David Wells

TLAK

I watched Wells for the couple months he was in Chicago and you can get to this guy if you bunt him and pressure him. He weighed about 100 lbs less then and I don't think he's gotten any better. I'm not just talking about the grubs bunting on him when he had the bad back but I remember he had trouble with aggressive teams.

He doesn't get to first well and he likes to throw the ball high out of zone when the bunt is shown, I've seen more than one go to the backstop. Push this guy, push him, push him. He had that one great game in Detroit but otherwise any team that small balled him and ran him owned him.

Dude...what the f*** is up with Colon's hair?!? I was watchin Sportscenter last night and just cracked up at that thing on his head. What is that?!? Is it real?!? Is it plastic?!? It looks like he's wearin 2 f***in hats!

QUOTE(Wanne @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
Dude...what the f*** is up with Colon's hair?!?  I was watchin Sportscenter last night and just cracked up at that thing on his head.  What is that?!?  Is it real?!?  Is it plastic?!?  It looks like he's wearin 2 f***in hats!

he's... always... had that hair...

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
now 4-0 yanks

lol so much for Cy Bartolo

His back has really been bugging him his past couple starts. He's actually quite suspect because of it. Prior to re-injuring it a couple weeks ago, he had pretty much been unhittable.

Let's run up the score again. Hope Buehrle can do as well as Contreras did today. Then we go into Fenway up 2-0. Boston has a great record at home, so we want to be up as much as possible and have momentum going in so we can destroy them!

:finger the Red Sox!

You think Schilling vs. Garland is a mismatch for us? I think the opposite. We have roughed up Schilling badly this year and outside of his start this past Saturday-he's pitched like he's washed up. Even giving him credit as a guy who will rise to the occasion, he's even with Garland at best

I'm only looking at tomorrow. Whether the Sox won 3-2 or 14-2, the result is the same, were up 1-0 in the series.

Sure we beat them bad yesterday, but a loss is a loss and all it takes is a win tomorrow by Boston and things are knotted up with Boston now having home field advantage.

Hopefully Mark Buehrle can pitch well and the bats will be able to put the pressure on Boston and come up with some key hits. IIRC, Boston has hit Mark around pretty good in years past (especially Manny).

Come on White Sox!!!

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
Maybe Pods should bunt but I'd just take the same approach as today. Bunt some, hit some, beat the Bosox.

Wells isn't nearly as erratic as Clement is. In fact, they are complete opposites in pitching styles. Clement depends on power pitching, getting the K, getting groundouts while struggling with control, while Wells depends on being crafty, and finding ways to get guys out period, without walking anybody.

That being said...they, like any pitcher, gets in trouble when they do start walking people. You can't, however, sit back and try to make Wells lose his composure...he's been there a hundred times or so it seems, so he does know WTF is going on. You bunt, and hit and run, and try for basehits and not home runs, and you destroy him.

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
We can win the first three.

It's game four I would be worried about if we somehow fail to win game 2 or 3.

Schilling vs. Garland in Fenway is the only glaringly negative matchup  for the WSox that I can see.

Schilling is simply a name at this point. He's been awful all year. And like somebody has mentioned, we've had no problems roughing him up this year. Now, I'm not saying he's not capable of coming up with a big game performance, but this isn't a negative match-up at all.