40s baseball - Ken Burns film

cwsox

it is grand rapids and lansing pbs that I am watching, it is on both stations out of GVSU and MSU

I just learned that in 1941 DiMaggio struck out a total of 13 or 16 times - whatever number it was, its astounding -

good old Edgar Smith was featured giving up the first hit of the streak -

really enjoying the show -

check your local listings - this is good stuff

Guest hotsoxchick1

i checked and its not on there.....moron show is on talking about antiques now........ :angry: would rather be watching baseball...........

i checked and its not on there.....moron show is on talking about antiques now........ :angry:  would rather be watching baseball...........

it is on after the antiques show - I just checked WTTW's listings - wait out the antiques s*** (we had that here too, some of the stuff was interesting historical s***) and when that is over, the baseball documentary will be on, 9 your time

I just learned - our friend Bill Veeck wanted to buy the Phillies and stock it with Negro League players and Commissioner Landis blocked that sale to Veeck and engineered a sale to an owner who would preserve all white baseball - didn't know of Veeck's role here!

Guest hotsoxchick1

they just started talkin about williams here.............cool show.....this is interesting..........thanks for the heads up............

some priceless footage of Ebbets Field - I never really had a picture of it before -

did you get to the McPhail being an alcoholic yet? Brilliant when sober and insane aftetr two drinks - a lot of kids today have no idea of the three generations long McPhail history in MLB -

the McPhail-Durocher spats are hysterical!

Mcphails were very influential and overall Andy is supposedly a really great baseball guy and I think many would like him to be the next comissioner of baseball. Not sure if it will happen, but we know in a few years there will be a new commish.

Guest hotsoxchick1
some priceless footage of Ebbets Field - I never really had  a picture of it before -

did you get to the McPhail being an alcoholic yet?  Brilliant when sober and insane aftetr two drinks - a lot of kids today have no idea of the three generations long McPhail history in MLB -

the McPhail-Durocher spats are hysterical!

yeah they talkin about the all american girls leagues now.........