greasywheels121

You know I got to post it.

Also here's some pics of the big man throwing out the first pitch:

FrankPitch.jpg19802440.jpg

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Thomas feels love from fans, Guillen

By Mark Gonzales

Tribune staff reporter

Frank Thomas wore his White Sox jersey Tuesday as he threw the ceremonial first pitch, and he received a big endorsement to return from manager Ozzie Guillen.

"I have to see what [general manager Ken] Williams and [Chairman] Jerry Reinsdorf want," Guillen said. "Obviously, I want him back, but it depends on what we need, what direction we're going to go, his health and the budget.

"Frank did everything I asked him to do. He understands how our relationship should be. If I think I can get him back here, I will do everything in my power to do it."

The Sox are expected to exercise the $3.5 million buyout on the injured slugger in hopes of re-signing him if he is ready for next season.

But the Sox need more medical information on his foot. So far, Thomas has been able to avoid surgery because the fractured bone is healing.

He postponed an examination in Southern California that had been scheduled for Thursday.

But the Sox also face the possibility of first baseman Paul Konerko filing for free agency.

In the meantime, Thomas reiterated his desire to return to the Sox for a 17th season.

"We'll see how things work out, but we haven't talked about anything yet," said Thomas, who received an ovation after throwing the ceremonial first pitch to coach and former teammate Harold Baines.

"I'd like to stay here, of course. This is the only team I know. We'll work things out. I'm not concerned with that right now. My concern is rooting these guys on to the championship."

Thomas met his teammates in Cleveland on Thursday night for an extended American League Central title celebration, and he vowed to stay with his teammates all the way.

If Thomas has played his last game for the Sox, he left a strong impression on Guillen.

"Frank is one of the best, if not the best, ever to wear the White Sox uniform," Guillen said. "It is something that is emotional for a lot of people. I was in the same kind of situation he was. A lot of things go through your mind. Frank wants to finish his career here. I had to go out and put three different uniforms on before I retired."

wow i love the big man so much. he IS the white sox to me whether he's playing or not. we need him back. even if he isnt the old frank, what he does to this ballclub is amazing. his "intangibles" are off the f***ing charts!

is it any coincidence our offense wakes up when frank's on the bench? i think not!!!!

haha *sigh*

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
with the amount of money generated this year in terms of ticket sales, merch sales, increased revenue from playoffs, and increased season ticket sales for next season, they better well bring Konerko back for 5 years/60 and (if he's healthy) Thomas for 1-2 years at 4-5 million per.

Five years a ridiculous length to lock up konerko. Realistically he should be locked up for three years with an option for a fourth. Konerko is a risky investment ( even though he is a needed investment).

Four to five million a year for thomas is two to three too many.