BIG BOPPERS BLAST BOSOX

RIck Moran

"Forty six years is a very long time to go without a home playoff win for most baseball franchises. But given the fact that no Chicago team has won a World Series since 1917, the concept of time for White Sox fans has become a relative thing. We here in the Windy City do not measure our sports disappointments using such archaic and unenlightening concepts like linear time. Rather, the bio-rhythms of the cicada – who return every 7 years – is a more appropriate notion. Hence, when viewing the dearth of playoff successes for the Pale Hose, it sounds much better and is actually more accurate to state that it has been approximately 6 1/2 cicadian life cycles since the White Sox managed a home playoff triumph.

Doesn’t sound quite so bad when put that way, huh?..."

More at:

http://rightwingnuthouse.com/archives/2005...rs-blast-bosox/

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
Wait, let me get out my haterade:

It will be 6/1/2 cicadian life cycles before your blog blows up.  7/1/2 before you land that big sportswriter gig...

Not bad man, it just seems kinda in bad form to advertise your blog with your 1st post. Welcom to the fold though.

Probably true...

But then, being a rightwing nut, I have little in the way of manners.

However, it seemed the best way to introduce myself...or would you rather I post a long screed on how when I was just a baby sittin' on my pappy's knee, I watched the Big Klu clout two homers in one World Series game. I also saw 90,000 people at the LA Coliseum to watch a baseball game, something not seen before or since.

I was 5 years old that last time my beloveds had a legitimate shot at a World Championship and I'm gonna milk it for all its worth.

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Welcome to Soxtalk!  :cheers

;)

Like the photoshop...Needless to say my name has generated an infinite number of permutations on the derogative "moron."

I saw that fella at the Democratic Underground who use "Moran" as a "moron" substitute.