Chicago @ Boston - ALDS Game 3

Heads22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
It'd be nice to see us take some pitches but I don't think pitch count really matters with Wakefield.

It's not a huge factor in the game but you have to be patient against him not just waving at the 1st knuckle.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
Percisely why he averages 102 pitches a start.

EITHER WAY

Quick outs are bad no matter what the f*** you say

You didn't say that when we were crushing pitches early in the count while scoring 2 runs.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
It's not a huge factor in the game but you have to be patient against him not just waving at the 1st knuckle.

Maybe but it looks like his early pitches are the best ones to hit. I can't really complain about aggressiveness in this situation.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
You didn't say that when we were crushing pitches early in the count while scoring 2 runs.

Beucase against a kunckle baller you have to get your pitch and drive it.

They did that in that inning, then these last 2 innings we are hitting bad pitches weakly.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
Beucase against a kunckle baller you have to get your pitch and drive it.

They did that in that inning, then these last 2 innings we are hitting bad pitches weakly.

How do you know they weren't their pitches when they got out? Just because you get your pitch doesn't mean you get a basehit.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
How do you know they weren't their pitches when they got out? Just because you get your pitch doesn't mean you get a basehit.

But it means guys are consistantly hitting it weakly?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
But we've crushed him for the most part. We had 2 weak innings out of 5. Thats great against a knuckler.

I am not even trying to make a big deal out of it but I would much rather see them be patient

i love how when our fans get excited about a towering, near homerun by konerko, boomer says something... but when graffanino hits a routine flyout to podsednik, that doesnt even make it within thirty feet of the MONSTER, they say nothing about all of the fans freaking out.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
I usually don't b**** about the umpires, but Garcia is getting a smaller zone than Wakefield IMO.

I think you have to take into account that a knuckler is harder to judge for umpires as well as hitters. Its unusual flight and often-late break makes it tougher to track, so I'll give the ump some leeway for that reason.

( Bad strike call on Damon right there, I think... )

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
i love how when our fans get excited about a towering, near homerun by konerko, boomer says something... but when graffanino hits a routine flyout to podsednik, that doesnt even make it within thirty feet of the MONSTER, they say nothing about all of the fans freaking out.

That's because Boomer was excited about Tony G's little fly ball.