I have to give it to Buehrle

bmags

with credes bonehead play, he gave up four runs. BUT HE STOPPED THEM EARLY AT 4...

he was missing his spots and everything and then settled hard core...it was a great pitching performance for the playoffs, i figured he would give up about 4 and he did, and honestly against this lineup its a damn good performance...

now GARCIA, GO KICK SOME ASS

Mark really showed what some intestinal fortitude can do for a pitcher struggling with his stuff and bad defense. He toughed out some tough early innings and his "that Deng's got some big balls" (Paging Scottie Pippen...) got him the rest of the way.

Great job Mark Buehrle for keeping it close and I'm glad he got rewarded with the win.

Plus, that hug of the Gooch was a great moment by a great clubhouse guy.

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)
with credes bonehead play, he gave up four runs. BUT HE STOPPED THEM EARLY AT 4...

he was missing his spots and everything and then settled hard core...it was a great pitching performance for the playoffs, i figured he would give up about 4 and he did, and honestly against this lineup its a damn good performance...

now GARCIA, GO KICK SOME ASS

Gotta hand it to MB. He battled tonight and came on strong after a rough start. That was one hell of a performance. :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
Mark really showed what some intestinal fortitude can do for a pitcher struggling with his stuff and bad defense.  He toughed out some tough early innings and his "that Deng's got some big balls" (Paging Scottie Pippen...) got him the rest of the way.

Great job Mark Buehrle for keeping it close and I'm glad he got rewarded with the win.

Plus, that hug of the Gooch was a great moment by a great clubhouse guy.

Mark finally proved he had the stones to win a big game. He gave up a few yeah but he grabbed his balls and kept us in the game and the offense responded.

HELL f***ING YEAH!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
i was calling MB every swear in the book during the 3rd, but I have to tip my hat to him, he stopped the bleeding and gave his team a chance to get back in it.

Same here, I looked at the score in the 1st to see BoSox are leading already. But MB really step it up. Great job not to give up anymore after having bosox a 4-0 lead.

He had a couple rough runs, but stepped up and got through it. It was awesome how he hugged Tadahito after he hit that 3 Run homer to give the Sox the lead.

That was just cool.

Now lets keep the pressure on...one game at a time Chicago. Lets go get em on Friday!!!

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
Crede needs to shape up, and quick.  He hasn't been very good at all at 3B.

Man oh man, I thought for sure yesterday was just first playoff game jitters, to be expectd. But he's really playing with his head up his ass. Not good. Twice he's failed to move runners along and while we all know that we can live with that from Joe, he is nothing without the leather. I really hope he snaps out of it and has a great trip to beantown.

Buehrle got hit HARD but once Iguchi came through for him and got him the lead he pitched with some guts and guile and shut them down for 4 more innings. That was damn impressive after seeing how hard the Red Sox were hitting him early in the game.

You said it all: Gutsy performance!

As far as Crede he does look lost at times. He did make some good plays as the game progressed, you've got to admit.

I sure hope Oz merely yells at him and doesn't do anything stupid like go with Ozuna.

Hopefully Joe has learned something from his first two playoff games.

We need him to play well, not play Ozuna.

I really think Joe's backk must be wrose than is thought. That might explain the bouncing of balls to first and he just didn't seem to get down enough on Damon's hit. As far as Mark goes, man was the gamethread just brutal on him. I'm glad he stepped it up and a lot of people have happily eaten their crow tonight as we all look forward with tons of anticipation to Friday afternoon. It will hopefully be much different than our last Firday afternoon Game Three and Freddy Garcia's job is to make sure that doesn't happen