I have to give it to Buehrle

bmags

After Mark got out of the 3rd inning...something just clicked in his head.

He threw 11 pitches to get the next 6 outs in the next 2 innings.

David Wells threw nearly 50 pitches in those same 2 innings.

You did what we needed you to do MB. You outpitched David Wells.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
I really think Joe's backk must be wrose than is thought. That might explain the bouncing of balls to first and he just didn't seem to get down enough on Damon's hit. As far as Mark goes, man was the gamethread just brutal on him. I'm glad he stepped it up and a lot of people have happily eaten their crow tonight as we all look forward with tons of anticipation to Friday afternoon. It will hopefully be much different than our last Firday afternoon Game Three and Freddy Garcia's job is to make sure that doesn't happen

I don't think it's his back unless it's worse than it was last week...he's been making bad plays, but only in these last couple games...he's been making just as many good plays before that as he usually was making.

I think it's the playoff pressure just getting to him...he's trying to do too much, throwing the ball before he catches it (game 1 - that was obvious), and it's just hurting him a little bit.

I'm happy that Buehrle got the win, but he has been giving up early runs in groups of 2, 3 and 4 since the A.S. Break.

I hope he can "right the ship" before his next start.

Anaheim/New York may not have a Graffanino to bail him out in the ALCS.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
I really think Joe's backk must be wrose than is thought. That might explain the bouncing of balls to first and he just didn't seem to get down enough on Damon's hit. As far as Mark goes, man was the gamethread just brutal on him. I'm glad he stepped it up and a lot of people have happily eaten their crow tonight as we all look forward with tons of anticipation to Friday afternoon. It will hopefully be much different than our last Firday afternoon Game Three and Freddy Garcia's job is to make sure that doesn't happen

That is why I stay out of the game threads. There is no excuse for that s***, imho. Mark Buehrle has given the Sox the best he can for 5 solid seasons, and because he gives up a few runs to great hitting team, he gets kicked around like day old dogs***. It's really f***ing idiotic.