Chris Berman?

SS Gload

Now I hate bad announcers as much as anyone else (cleveland indians/cavaliers, cubs) but why does anyone hate berman? Sure, he isn't that good of a baseball announcer, mainly known for his back back back back....gone calls, but he isn't like all up on boston's nuts right now. Im sure Red Sox fans would be pissed if the Hawk called the game, even though he is the greatest announcer ever. GO SOX! :gosox3: :cheers

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SS Gload @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
Now I hate bad announcers as much as anyone else (cleveland indians/cavaliers, cubs) but why does anyone hate berman? Sure, he isn't that good of a baseball announcer, mainly known for his back back back back....gone calls, but he isn't like all up on boston's nuts right now. Im sure Red Sox fans would be pissed if the Hawk called the game, even though he is the greatest announcer ever. GO SOX! :gosox3:  :cheers

I think part of the reason why people don't like him is because he's f***ing horrible.

Hes god dam terrible

Every effing play in the game he talks about the red sox

a one hop to iguchi, "DAMON GOT ROBBED THERE"

V-Tek blocks a ball in the dirt : "DAM GOOD PLAY THERE BY V-TEK"

millions of more

i remember blatenly when nixon hit the foul ball homerun off jenks, he was going OOOO OOO OO OOOOO AWW FOULLL!

he = blatent boston

national annocuners = suppsoe to love both teams

sorry for spelling im going psyko right now cas whtie sox :DD

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Hes god dam terrible

Every effing play in the game he talks about the red sox

a one hop to iguchi, "DAMON GOT ROBBED THERE"

V-Tek blocks a ball in the dirt : "DAM GOOD PLAY THERE BY V-TEK"

millions of more

i remember blatenly when nixon hit the foul ball homerun off jenks, he was going OOOO OOO OO OOOOO AWW FOULLL!

he = blatent boston

national annocuners = suppsoe to love both teams

sorry for spelling im going psyko right now cas whtie sox :DD

Yeah I remember that too, I was thinking, "A little pro Boston aren't we?"

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
Ya know what thogh, he shows the excitement on the HR calls, Give it to him!!!  He was amazed at the bomb by Tad!!!  He was loving the W Sox yesterday so screw it, Ill tolerate him over McCarver or Morgan!!!

Selig and Rooney owned him.

I don't see what the big problem is with Berman. I think the team of Berman, Sutcliffe and Piazza is surpingly easy to listen to.

Sure, they give the Sawx a lotta' love, but they give the Sox a lot of luv to.

Piazza especially has impressed me with his insight into the game. I luv Hawk as much as the next guy, but for National guys, we could have done much worse, Joe Buck anyone? Yuck.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
I don't see what the big problem is with Berman.  I think the team of Berman, Sutcliffe and Piazza is surpingly easy to listen to.

Sure, they give the Sawx a lotta' love, but they give the Sox a lot of luv to.

Piazza especially has impressed me with his insight into the game.  I luv Hawk as much as the next guy, but for National guys, we could have done much worse, Joe Buck anyone? Yuck.

Mike Piazza and his damn pink ties. :ph34r:

Even my fiancee was talking about the treatment the ESPN booth was giving the Red Sox. After Ramirez lined out to Rowand, the booth was gushing about what a good swing he put on the ball.

My fiancee said, "Jeez, want to slurp him a little more, guys?"

Sports knowledge and appreciation. Two of the several reasons I'm marrying her!

:headbang :wub:

QUOTE(Balance @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
Even my fiancee was talking about the treatment the ESPN booth was giving the Red Sox.  After Ramirez lined out to Rowand, the booth was gushing about what a good swing he put on the ball.

My fiancee said, "Jeez, want to slurp him a little more, guys?"

Sports knowledge and appreciation.  Two of the several reasons I'm marrying her!

:headbang  :wub:

I have had the sound down for most of both games -- the Red Sox gushing has been a little much. Plus, these guys know nothing about the White Sox. I had the sound up a little tonight, but I thought they were going to go on the field and blow Wells, the way they were talking about him. Even Sutcliffe. Piazza has been pretty good, from what I've heard, which hasn't been much.

Also when the Red Sox young reliever came in and hit 94 on the gun I thought Berman was going to s*** himself, then Bobby comes in smokes 98 with his first pitch and Berman says jack s***.

It took Piazza or Sutcliffe, then Gammons on ESPN after the game, to say how wicked those fastballs were to Damon

it hasn't been as bad as i thought...

but its just incredibly clear that they know jack s*** about our team, they really have not scouted us at ALL it seems. I mean what the hell, there are only 8 teams in the playoffs its not that hard to read up on them. It seems like they make generalizations on players after one play they actually see.

QUOTE(SS Gload @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
Now I hate bad announcers as much as anyone else (cleveland indians/cavaliers, cubs) but why does anyone hate berman? Sure, he isn't that good of a baseball announcer, mainly known for his back back back back....gone calls, but he isn't like all up on boston's nuts right now. Im sure Red Sox fans would be pissed if the Hawk called the game, even though he is the greatest announcer ever. GO SOX! :gosox3:  :cheers

Have you been listening to this tool? He and his cohorts have been blatantly rooting for the Red Sox in both games. Thats why we hate him. To say nothing of the fact that he's totally clueless about baseball and he blatantly ripped off Hawks HR call.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:42 AM)
I don't see what the big problem is with Berman.  I think the team of Berman, Sutcliffe and Piazza is surpingly easy to listen to.

I hate to say this, but if you think that Sutcliffe is even a halfway decent announcer, then you don't know good announcing.

I know it's mostly opinionated, but Sutcliffe is awful.

I was at the game -- and, when Graff made the error, did he seriously say that he made the error because he lacks post-season experience?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
Basically because he badmouthed Chicago several times before. He's been on his best behavior so far this series for the most part. No one will forget him butchering Hawk's HR call and calling us the worst fans in the world.

What did he say about Hawk's HR call???

There was another bizzare ESPN announcing moment regarding this game. On Sportscenter they spent a good 5 minutes breaking it down with the main BBTN crew of Ravich, Kruk, Gammons, and Reynolds.

Gammons it saying how well Jenks pitched and then Ravich asked him about the Red Sox and their backs against the wall. Gammons goes on to say you can obviously never count the Red Sox out, but he thinks it will just be too tough to sweep Garcia, Garland and Contreras.

Then Ravich like snaps on Gammons and said, in a real snotty tone, "So now that the White Sox are up 2-0 you're with them." Gammons has this completely puzzled look on his face and was trying to say something but Ravich cut him off and let Kruk talk.

Now I've been hard on Gammons over the years for being a homer for Boston, but it's on the website that he picked the White Sox to win this series and has been consistent with his reasoning, being that the pitching for the White Sox is too strong and Red Sox pitching is too weak with the loss of Lowe and Pedro.

It's worth catching on one of the Sportscenter replays if they use it.

Berman's an annoying announcer, but some people seem obsessed about nitpicking every thing he says. It reminds me of Illini bball fans that would get pissed about everything Dick Vitale said last season. Who gives a f*** what the announcers say? It's the game on the field that matters!