Graffy, Man of the Year!

Texsox

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
Its not that I'm not biting, I am listening to everything youre saying with open ears and while he obviously won't repeat the season he had this year, and I'd be foolish to think that, I think he'll be a very solid second baseman for whoever signs him.

Again, why at second? Because Boston had him play second? Look at his career numbers, he has also played a lot of 1st and 3rd the past 7 years. 1998 was his last season with an overwhelming majority at 2nd base. But if Boston calls him a second baseman that must be what he is. Because Boston is always right. :lolhitting

You can't wake someone who is pretending to be asleep. I just don't understand how someone can sleep and type.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:40 AM)
Again, why at second? Because Boston had him play second? Look at his career numbers, he has also played a lot of 1st and 3rd the past 7 years. 1998 was his last season with an overwhelming majority at 2nd base. But if Boston calls him a second baseman that must be what he is. Because Boston is always right.  :lolhitting

You can't wake someone who is pretending to be asleep. I just don't understand how someone can sleep and type.

What on earth are you talking about? For someone who accuses me of arguing without reason, you sure are hypocritical.

Okay fine, he'll be a good third baseman for some team then. Does that make you feel better there, bud?

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
What on earth are you talking about?  For someone who accuses me of arguing without reason, you sure are hypocritical. 

Okay fine, he'll be a good third baseman for some team then.  Does that make you feel better there, bud?

I was just pointing out you annointed him a 2nd baseman because that's how your team used him. I at least know where the man has played during his career, something you seemingly lacked.

I just wanted to point out that there are still games to play...but, I did find it funny that ESPN has the headline "Gaffe nino" (the same headline the Sun Times had when Graff couldn't get down a bunt against the Cubs, or something like that).

That was predictable. I said it was going to happen earlier in the game thread. The media and fans will blame Graffanino a la Buckner if the White Sox win the series.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:45 AM)
I was just pointing out you annointed him a 2nd baseman because that's how your team used him. I at least know where the man has played during his career, something you seemingly lacked.

All I have talked about is him being a starter. Why would I revert back to his utility days, especially at a position where he is worse defensively? What would be the point?

Maybe its you who are lacking something.

When the Royals signed Graffanino to a 2-year, $2.2 million deal, even they were signing him as a backup infielder. Desi Relaford was their starting 2nd baseman and Angel Berroa was their starting SS. Graffanino was signed to backup both of them, not to start. Now if the Royals don't even sign you as a starter, well, doesn't that say something?

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
In extra innings, he forgot to tag Eric Young going into 3rd base on a bunt.  Stairs hit a sac fly, and we lost because of it.

I was just going to mention that.. Against the cubs? I think so, damn that pissed me off

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
That was predictable.  I said it was going to happen earlier in the game thread.  The media and fans will blame Graffanino a la Buckner if the White Sox win the series.

Boston needs an excuse - curses, series ending errors, that sort of thing. Nice to see Buckner let off the hook for a spell. Feel bad for Graf though, I liked him a lot when he was with the Sox and don't blame him for signing with KC for only 25K more a year. He got a chance to start and play more rather than ride the pine. The boy wonder was right to pick him up for the carmines, but he's just not a starter. On KC, yes. Chicago? No. Boston? Mistake.

But I'm sure little Theo, cash burning holes in his pockets, will find a suitable replacement.

And this series is far, far, FAR from over...and this gaffe by graff could soon be forgotten.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
I always liked Graffy, but today's game really moved him up a few more notches in my book. When the Red Sox cut him, and they will, I'd love to see him back in Chicago

on the Cubs  :gosox3:

What are you talking about Tex. I know Graffy wears a BoSox uniform but he still plays for the White Sox.

:lol: :lolhitting

thank you tony! you are the sole reason we won today! finally we are getting the breaks....revenge for 2 strike seasons are unleashing special powers against the world for us! i hope that the other team just keeps giving it to us. i mean 27 years of everyday listening or watching to this team in another city & state is WAY TO FREAKING COOL ABOUT NOW! THANK YOU INTERNET!