KW Flying back

Soxfest

Tribune on article posted at 9:25 p.m. Monday says KW after reading comments about JM and FT jawing with one another , KW is coming back for tuesday game to ease tensions. It says KW was going to spend a QUIET week beating the bushes at all 3 sox minor league facilities. KW is very unhappy JM and FT went public with there comments. KW will be back Tuesday, he better be fired by Wednesday. Article also say JM was given a vote of confidence last week but KW says not even HIS job is safe if losing ways continue, but he feels talent will improve and everyone and everything will work out just fine.

White Sox general manager Ken Williams planned to spend this week beating the bushes.

In his quest to keep tabs on three of his minor-league teams, Williams was set to observe games in Winston-Salem, Kannapolis and Carolina, where the Sox's Double-A Birmingham team will play this weekend.

So much for that.

After reading about Sunday's oral sparring between manager Jerry Manuel and Frank Thomas, Williams decided to fly back to Chicago for Tuesday's game against Baltimore.

Williams will try to ease tensions stemming from Manuel's comment that the Sox's slumping hitters "need to start taking some responsibility" and Thomas' reply: "You go up there and face what I get every day and see how good you do at the plate."

Williams said he wished Manuel and Thomas had not gone public with their thoughts.

"Those are all things that should have been left in the clubhouse," he said. "[Manuel] is in a difficult position, one I can certainly relate to. Part of his responsibility is to articulate his thoughts to the media, so you have to allow him some latitude, particularly when frustration enters the picture.

"I don't believe either person should, for lack of a better word, be reprimanded for having their frustrations spill over. Maybe it's something we can use as a positive."

That would be about the only positive stemming from a 2-4 West Coast swing that dropped the Sox to 17-20, six games behind first-place Kansas City in the American League Central.

While it was reported last week that Williams had given Manuel a vote of confidence, the third-year general manager offered a reminder Monday that no one—himself included—can expect to be spared if the Sox's losing ways continue.

"What I expressed was a belief in the talent we have assembled," he said. "I think ultimately if we can stay together and focused, that talent will rise to a level where it's supposed to be.

"This is professional sports, and we are all subject to the scrutiny and the bottom line—and the bottom line is winning. Whether it be players, coaches, the manager or the general manager, we all come into this business with the understanding that if the bottom-line goals aren't met, changes are made."

Manuel has changed his lineup five consecutive times to try to spark his team. It did little good.

The Sox scored just 22 runs over the six games at Oakland and Seattle. Their team average of .246 ranks third worst in the league.

A question on Sunday about whether the Sox should bring in another instructor to complement hitting coach Gary Ward prompted Manuel to call for the players to take responsibility.

"They can't keep looking for a coach here or manager there," he said. "They have to own up to their careers and what they're about.

"It's not like it's a bunch of kids we're dealing with. We're dealing with men. It comes a time where they have to say: This is something we have to do."

Asked about Joe Crede, who looked helpless Sunday against veteran lefty Jamie Moyer, Manuel said it was normal for young players to struggle.

"I can't let guys like Crede and [Willie] Harris take the brunt," Manuel said. "Crede is our seventh or eighth hitter. He's not our fifth hitter or fourth hitter or third hitter. It's the middle guys that have to get it done—the [Carlos] Lees, the [Paul] Konerkos, the [Frank] Thomases.

"No matter what Crede does, those are the guys who, if they're sitting in the middle of the lineup, have to do the damage. It's that simple."

Williams said the Sox need to work together to end their slump.

"No one person can carry the burden on his shoulders," he said. "This is something we will snap out of with singles up the middle and line drives in the gaps, where we put up multiple-hit innings and run smartly and aggressively.

"It won't be as glamorous as a three-run homer, but that's how it works."

I am guessing that a sweep here against Baltimore and 2 of 3 from the Twin is what JM and KW need to keep their jobs.

GW needs an offensive explosion to keep his.

If they end up going 2-4 or 3-3 in this stretch heads better roll :angry:

I am guessing that a sweep here against Baltimore and 2 of 3 from the Twin is what JM and KW need to keep their jobs.

If they end up going 2-4 or 3-3 in this stretch heads better roll  :angry:

Manuel is going to stay here for the remainder of the season. Everything I have read tells me that, Williams as we have talked about here for awhile is out the door.

If they end up going 2-4 or 3-3 in this stretch heads better roll  :angry:

Manuel is going to stay here for the remainder of the season. Everything I have read tells me that, Williams as we have talked about here for awhile is out the door.

The thing is, I have only heard about KW going on this Forum. I have not heard or read anything else from the Chicago media.

Now with Jesse Jackson (the biggest racist on the planet) back on the prowl, it is going to be tough for JR to fire KW. A demotion might even be worse, especially if he hires a white guy to replace him.

What the hell is wrong with this world :huh:

What ever happened to the best man for the job?

:fyou JJ

Let me get this straight:

KW is going to ease tensions?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I do think it's wrong to single out Thomas the way Manuel does. The biggest failure is Koney followed by Maggs. Lee & Thomas aren't that much worse than last year. So if he's going to say that kind of s*** he should be looking at the 4&5 first.

The thing is, I have only heard about KW going on this Forum.  I have not heard or read anything else from the Chicago media. 

Now with Jesse Jackson (the biggest racist on the planet) back on the prowl, it is going to be tough for JR to fire KW.  A demotion might even be worse, especially if he hires a white guy to replace him.

I've talked to HSC off the record if you will and the stockholders haven't called for Manuel's head yet. So for the time being he's safe. In 2 or 3 weeks who's to say, but for now he's safe.

I've talked to HSC off the record if you will and the stockholders haven't called for Manuel's head yet. So for the time being he's safe. In 2 or 3 weeks who's to say, but for now he's safe.

Is this for real? Do we really have people in the SOX front office posting here?

Guest hotsoxchick1
Adios Kenny.
soon........... :D

It says KW was going to spend a QUIET week beating the bushes at all 3 sox minor league facilities.

hes gonna be spending more time going back and forth to nc for court dates in stead.......the minor leagues can take a breather now cause he wont be going down there this week........ ;)

KW says not even HIS job is safe if losing ways continue, but he feels talent will improve and everyone and everything will work out just fine.

sounded to me like he had a different tone today in the press conference .. if you can call it that........going to talk it over with the wife and kids as to what to do next says... im gonna step down........... :headbang the talent will improve after his absence is felt.....lol.......... :)

Guest hotsoxchick1

im very confident it will happen.. the stage is set... all the players need to be there though.. one is out of town........