Bandwagon

Gldfinger5

When I listen to Red Sox fants rant and I read their message boards, all they do is complain about how the Cell is sold out because of all the "bandwagon" White Sox fans. I just have to laugh!!

I believe the espn poll shows it best. When the state of Idaho is clearly pulling for the Red Sox, that is bandwagon. When you follw what ESPN says, that is bandwagon. When you love you city and your team??? That is a fan!! Eat it Red Cubs!!

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
Oh, never f***ing mind that we sold out the other 25% of our games this year and came close on just about half.  That's cool, BANDWAGON FANS WE ARE!

More whining by Red Sawx fans. f*** em. Lets see what they have to say this weekend when their team is playing golf and we're waiting for the winner of the Spankees/Angels series.

I don't remember who's description it was, but I thought it was apt.

White Sox fans aren't rich. They're not loaded with cash. These are working class folks. A trip to the ballpark is expensive for those sorts of folks. I know it would be for me. You can't attend every game when you don't have a fan base that's loaded with people who buy up all of the luxury sweets.

These sorts of people want to see a good product. I know I do. They put a winner on the field...they get some of my hard earned. I don't consider that to be a bandwagon fan...i consider that to be the way to be a fan when you're not earning 6 figures. If I'm a fan of a team winning 70 games, or that's not going anywhere any year...I don't have much fun going to the ballpark and watching them lose, and I'm not as proud when I wear my hat/jersey/brand new T Shirt that MLB refuses to ship.

But when they win...they've earned it.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)

White Sox fans aren't rich.  They're not loaded with cash.  These are working class folks.  A trip to the ballpark is expensive for those sorts of folks.  I know it would be for me.  You can't attend every game when you don't have a fan base that's loaded with people who buy up all of the luxury sweets.

These sorts of people want to see a good product.  I know I do.  They put a winner on the field...they get some of my hard earned.  I don't consider that to be a bandwagon fan...i consider that to be the way to be a fan when you're not earning 6 figures.  If I'm a fan of a team winning 70 games, or that's not going anywhere any year...I don't have much fun going to the ballpark and watching them lose, and I'm not as proud when I wear my hat/jersey/brand new T Shirt that MLB refuses to ship.

:notworthy :cheers :headbang

It's not a matter of bandwagon fans. Every fan in the stadium could have easily gone to 5-10 games each of the past few years. Now, that's not enough to sell out the season, but when you have all of those fans trying to get tickets for playoff games, that still is more than enough to sell out the park. Does it make them bandwagon fans for not having season tickets each year? I don't think so.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)

White Sox fans aren't rich.  They're not loaded with cash.  These are working class folks.  A trip to the ballpark is expensive for those sorts of folks.  I know it would be for me.  You can't attend every game when you don't have a fan base that's loaded with people who buy up all of the luxury sweets.

These sorts of people want to see a good product.  I know I do.  They put a winner on the field...they get some of my hard earned.  I don't consider that to be a bandwagon fan...i consider that to be the way to be a fan when you're not earning 6 figures.  If I'm a fan of a team winning 70 games, or that's not going anywhere any year...I don't have much fun going to the ballpark and watching them lose, and I'm not as proud when I wear my hat/jersey/brand new T Shirt that MLB refuses to ship.

Very well put, all except the not being proud to wear the hat thing. I'll always rock my Sox hat even when they suck. Thats the kind of fan I am.

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
Very well put,  all except the not being proud to wear the hat thing. I'll always rock my Sox hat even when they suck. Thats the kind of fan I am.

Amen. Live and die with the team and wear it proud. Right now, though, I couldn't be more proud of them, and the fans.

It's quite simple, really. We f***ing rock! :snr :snr :snr

Since 1967, the Red Sox have had 6 losing seasons. Six losing seasons in 38 years! In many of those years, they either won or were contending for a division title. In some, they were in the World Series. The 1975 Series is considered one of the best ever.

Since 1967, the White Sox have had 19 losing seasons, and in many of those, they were among the worst teams in baseball. Sox fans have had to endure ownership changes, threats of moving out of town, White Flag trades, and lame These Kids Can Play campaigns. We've had our hopes built up in 1967, 1972, 1977, 1983, 1993 and 2000, only to see our team come crashing down the next year, or in 1994, have a strike ruin the season. The White Sox have barely had a sniff at the postseason during the last 38 years.

There's another team in Chicago that benefits from a feel-good PR campaign fueled by a media conglomerate that dominates the city.

Boston benefits from being the only game in town, the ability to draw from 6 states, and a feel-good PR campaign built around "Friendly Fenway." I've been to Fenway many times, it's not friendly. It's a dump. But the mystique continues to draw fans.

I really don't care what Red Sox fans think about us. Call us whatever you want. Let's just wrap up this series so we don't have to hear from these crybabies who really have nothing to whine about.