I want to pee in your food

Didn't see this posted yet and I usually hate the anti-national media bashing because soxtalk posters appear paranoid beyond recognition but I figured you'd guys would get fired up by this heading into Friday and t'd make you want the win even more.

"White Sox fans won't ever be confused with the most knowledgeable fan bases in the game. In the first inning, they cheered wildly on three White Sox routine outs; one to short, a medium fly ball to center and a groundout to second. We can chalk it up, I guess, to overexuberance. Or, more likely, to lack of postseason practice ..."

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
Didn't see this posted yet and I usually hate the anti-national media bashing because soxtalk posters appear paranoid beyond recognition but I figured you'd guys would get fired up by this heading into Friday and t'd make you want the win even more.

"White Sox fans won't ever be confused with the most knowledgeable fan bases in the game. In the first inning, they cheered wildly on three White Sox routine outs; one to short, a medium fly ball to center and a groundout to second. We can chalk it up, I guess, to overexuberance. Or, more likely, to lack of postseason practice ..."

Either White Sox fans are not supportive of their team, are somehow perpetuating a white-trash; Cub-obsessed stereotype, or are completely oblivious to game situations.

I suppose Atlanta Braves and Yankee fans have developed a good sense for judging flyballs. We'll sure have a first hand account Friday of how accurately Bostonians distinguish 390 ft outs from 410 ft HR's.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)

First, Donovan's a red sox fan. And in case you didn't know it, Boston has the greatest baseball fans on earth. And NY too, and St. Louis. Somehow in the drought of championships, I suppose, Chicago fans became grossly ignorant of baseball, this despite the fact that the White Sox have been around since 1901. It's a remarkable thing, our ignorance, but let us rejoice that men of stature, men of greatness, men like John Donovan, RED SOX MEN, are there to lead us and guide us and school us. Too bad he'll be doing it from a press box in Chicago, not Boston, next week, but maybe by then fans will have learned something.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

Mariotti had his share of "pee in your food" quotes this morning himself

What should have been a double play that ended the fifth inning morphed into one of the most dramatic moments in the long, mostly hopeless history of the White Sox.....

There are a lot of doubters in Beantown ready to declare that the White Sox are the Right Sox this year. If this continues, you might even get me to admit it, though I caution that the American League Division Series is not the World Series, euphoric as the feeling is right now.

You can't win with these people. Earlier in the year Eric Casilious(parden me if I butchered the spelling) was bashing us for not getting off of our feet for every out.

I remember a few balls that were hit up the middle that I thought would get through but didn't. Same thing with a couple of Konerko's shots.

Then there was Iguchi's shot that didn't even look like he swung hard... :cheers

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
Iguchi's hit was strange. I thought it was a snort at first but it hung up oddly

I couldn't believe the force generated from Iguchi's swing. Talk about explosiveness; or rather remarkable batspeed, Iguchi appeared to just flick his bat through the ball. He must just have a knack for making contact on the sweet part of the barrel.