Rotation IF we advance

Ozzie was quoted in the Arlington Heights Daily Herald this morning, saying he's leaning to starting Jon Garland on Tuesday if we win Friday. I would guess that would make the rotation for that series as Garland, Buerhle, Contreras and Freddie.

Two questions:

1. Is that how you would do it?

2. Did you ever in your wildest dreams think we would face a decision like this?

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 05:33 AM)
Ozzie was quoted in the Arlington Heights Daily Herald this morning, saying he's leaning to starting Jon Garland on Tuesday if we win Friday. I would guess that would make the rotation for that series as Garland, Buerhle, Contreras and Freddie.

Two questions:

1. Is that how you would do it?

2. Did you ever in your wildest dreams think we would face a decision like this?

Actually, Guillen will have the luxury of setting up his rotation any way he pleases with the exception of Garcia who wouldn't be available until Wedensday.

And I worry about Garland not getting any innings for 9 days because everything I've ever heard about a sinkerballer is that it's not a good thing for them to be too strong otherwise they don't get quite the bite as they would if the were in a normal rotation.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Please Ozzie, don't answer any questions about the ALCS before you've won the ALDS. Jesus.

Amen.

It's silly to even think about that. Game 3 should be played like it's do or die. No need to think about who's starting Game 4, Game 5, the ALCS or the World Series. (That said, you have to think about your relievers for a Game 4 if you are behind in Game 3).