Famous White Sox Fans

MinnySoxFan

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
Was MJ there rooting for our Sox? Francona was his AA manager...

He sure was. In yesterday's paper he even said no doubt he's rooting for the White Sox. I think the piece also said that he has been a regular in Reinsdorf's suite. Pippen is also a White Sox fan as well as Mushin Muhammed. Eric Daze of the Blackhawks is a Sox fan too IIRC.

How could anyone forget Jerry Springer??

Edited by nitetrain8601

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as long as JIM f***ING BELUSHI stays far away!!

He's itching...I can sense it.

He aches to get his mug photographed at Chicago playoffs. He was at the Cubs, the Bulls, the Bears and the Hawks when they were in the postseason.

STAY AWAY!!!

(he reads soxtalk.com, right?)

Here's an article:

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/article...white_sox_fans/

We all know Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, and Stephen King are superfans of the Sox, but how 'bout their playoff opponents? What celebs, if any, support the Chisox? Believe it or not, Styx singer Dennis DeYoung is to the White Sox what Ben is to the Bosox. Yup, while many prominent Chicagoans pledge allegiance to the Cubs -- John Cusack, Bill Murray, Dennis Franz, and Jim Belushi come to mind -- Mr. Roboto reveres the White Sox. (We e-mailed DeYoung yesterday, but Kilroy wasn't there.) The list of Pale Hose partisans doesn't end there. Other notables who strongly identify themselves as White Sox rooters include the Rev. Jesse Jackson, ''Cheers" star George Wendt, talk show host Jerry Springer, professional wrestler Mankind, and, our personal favorite, 1994 Playboy Playmate of the Year Jenny McCarthy, a South Side native. Reached yesterday in New Orleans, Jackson called the Chisox a ''team of destiny" that has ''not only the talent, but the appetite." While it's ''a joy to watch the artistry of [David] Ortiz and[Manny] Ramirez," he predicted a White Sox win. ''You and the Red Sox share something," Jackson said, laughing. ''You're both up against a deadline."

That's a nice slam by Jesse Jackson.

And Mr. Roboto just got a step closer to that Bonnie Tyler song in my book.

Edited by MinnySoxFan

Tom Hanks is an Oakland A's fan. He was involved in the HBO documentary on Oakland sports. He was rooting on the Red Sox last year on top of the Monster. He is a Dodger fan. See a pattern here? He is NOT a White Sox fan. I love Bill Murray but I'm gonna puke if we start to see Murray, Belushi, Cusack and the Usual Suspects coming around

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
Just because he's from New York doesn't mean he's a NY fan. I've heard from seveal places including that article that he's a White Sox fan.

He is not. He grew up watching the Yankees. I've read his book, and you can google "Mick Foley Yankees" if you'd like to check for yourself.

And he's nicknamed "Mick" because of Mickey Mantle.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:33 AM)
Tom Hanks is an Oakland A's fan. He was involved in the HBO documentary on Oakland sports. He was rooting on the Red Sox last year on top of the Monster. He is a Dodger fan. See a pattern here? He is NOT a White Sox fan.  I love Bill Murray but I'm gonna puke if we start to see Murray, Belushi, Cusack and the Usual Suspects coming around

Tom Hanks is Jay Mariotti?