ESPN gives props to Sox

TheBigHurt

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
While Gammons doesn't especially impress me, he did go on the Mac, Jurko, and Harry show before the first game and confirm his White Sox choice.

....and went on BBT to un-confirm his choice, and change it to the Red Sox.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
Going on Rome is different. Rome has Simmons on his show more than a few times during the year.  But this is a game between the team that the book is about and another team.  They could run the commercial on ESPNews, the deuce, even the Ocho if they want.  But not during the game.

Still, ESPN should just be in Boston, studios at Fenway park for that reason

:gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2: :fight :fight :chair :chair :chair :fight :cheers :cheers :cheers :headshake

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
....and went on BBT to un-confirm his choice, and change it to the Red Sox.

Wait... he changed his mind AGAIN? From what I understand, he initially went on the air saying he picked the White Sox, then it was reported that he changed his decision and picked the BoSox. Then, right before the pregame show on the M,J, and H show, they questioned him about it. He made some safe comments and then reiterated that he chooses the White Sox. So AFTER that but before the game (a matter of maybe 2 hours), he again switched hats?? If that's true... unbelievable. :headshake

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
I enjoyed those 2 games so much. I've yelled so loud, my throat is raw and sore, and I've been poping in throat drops the last 2 days. Anyways, it was nice, now that we are in the playoffs, to hear more about or strengths than our weaknesses, to hear good things instead of negativity, to hear about how GOOD a team we are. The ESPN crew has been really gracious, and really have given the White Sox their due credit, actually, to me, making this series a lot more fun. I appreciate it greatly.

GO SOX!!!!!!!

I haven't had too many problems with them. Oh yeah, other than them basically rooting for the Red Sox during games. "Well, if Manny can just hit a homerun here, then the Red Sox have a chance." But, hell, I don't care, we're up two games! GO WHITE SOX!