How'd u celebrate when Gooch went yard?

Bias

My 4 year old son and I were sitting on the couch, I jumped off the couch and started jumping saying "yes, yes, yes..way to go Gooch." My son was cracking up laughing....because the neighbors next to me are ScRub fans and two across the street are Sox fans I went outside and yelled "You can put it on the boooooooooard. YES!"

I came back inside and my son was still laughing, I asked him what was so funny and he said "you were jumping around crazy and real high."

Haven't been that hyped in a while....probably since Jordan hit the J v the Jazz...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I jumped out of my seat, high fived everyone who was watching the game with me, then went outside and screamed "GOOCH HIT A THREE RUN HOMER!!!"

you see, we kicked a friend out of the house cuz we felt he was bad luck (we have some stupid superstitions in my house), so i had to make sure it was loud enough so he could hear it.

we then let him back in when the inning was over :D

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
I jumped out of my seat, high fived everyone who was watching the game with me, then went outside and screamed "GOOCH HIT A THREE RUN HOMER!!!"

you see, we kicked a friend out of the house cuz we felt he was bad luck (we have some stupid superstions in my house), so i had to make sure it was loud enough so he could hear it. 

we then let him back in when the inning was over :D

Glad to hear others are just as superstitous as I/we are. I bunch of my friends are Carolina fans and they are smokers. They came to my house to watch them in the final 4 (not this year) and they were down big real early, they went outside to smoke and Carolina went on a ride and got the lead down to like 2 or 3. Instead of coming back in to watch it, they watched the game through the picture window on the porch. haha

It didn't work though 'cuz someone else came over and sat on the couch, they yelled at him to leave but he didn't and Carolina went down. lol

:gosoxretro:

My wife knows not to touch ANYTHING in the living room while the game is on......

I was at a bar, with a Cub fan friend (he moved when he was 13, so he doesn't have a hatred for the Sox and his dad is a huge Sox fan) and we were surrounded by Red Sox fans.

When Gooch came up, I leaned over to my friend and said, Japanese pitchers throw a lot of junk (see: Shingo Takatsu, Shigetoshi Hasegawa) so Iguchi should be ready for a hanger and BOOM! We are the only two in the entire bar cheering for the White Sox and my arms nearly touch the ceiling and I scream YES!!!

Then I had to calm down quickly since the Red Sox fans are my friends...and my fiancee. It coulda been a bad night, but she let it go.

I love being the underdog.

My Dad was working on his laptop on the desk next to me, so I didn't want to shout that loud. But he can over and saw what the fuss was anyways.

But usually when something big happens, it's always the fist pump for me.

I was at the game on the councourse in left field. We couldn't believe it. I literally high-fived so many people that my hand was numb. We were high-fiving the ushers, the cops, the beer men.

And it continued when we put the game away. Everybody went nuts. Nobody was leaving, everybody was just running around screaming. You could hear people roaring from the Cell still a half hour after the game as they were filing out. Amazing.

Couldn't even get in to Jimbo's--forget it.

It was awesome.

That ranks up there with AJ's Dodgers walkoff homer with one of the most unforgettable moments.

I stood up silent, fist raised high in the air as the ball left his bat.

I soaked in the crowd noise around me at the Cell!!

Interesting story though, from the first night.

I was driving home from work (I couldn't go to the first game) and listening to the game on my car radio.

I was at a stop light on Plainfield Rd and when Scotty hit his 3 run shot I pumped my fist and yelled: YEAH!

Funny thing was five other cars around me did the same thing!

Everyone turned around and acknowledged each other. Sox fans uniting, even at a stop light.

:gosox1:

i was at home with my 3-year-old daughter and jumped off the couch and yelled. she looked at me kind of funny, so i just said "go sox!" she got this huge smile on her face and said "go sox, daddy!"

it was great. a moment if you will.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
I stood up silent, fist raised high in the air as the ball left his bat.

I soaked in the crowd noise around me at the Cell!!

Interesting story though, from the first night.

I was driving home from work (I couldn't go to the first game) and listening to the game on my car radio.

I was at a stop light on Plainfield Rd and when Scotty hit his 3 run shot I pumped my fist and yelled: YEAH!

Funny thing was five other cars around me did the same thing!

Everyone turned around and acknowledged each other. Sox fans uniting, even at a stop light.

:gosox1:

Cool!

I high-fived everyone I was watching the game with, including my 9-month old daughter.

We watched the game in my Buddy's garage that's made into a bar and we were sitting in different spots than from Tuesday's game. Before the bottom of the 5th someone brought up that fact, so we switched - the Sox put up a 5 spot. Awesome!

I must say my friend who I share season tickets with and I have got to be close to a honorary membership to the Ms. Cleo society. Before Tuesday's game as I was walking to meet my buddy to go to the game, my brother who lives in Europe called me, giddy that he would be able to see the game live. He asked my what I thought, and I told him Clement sucks, the Sox will rip him apart. On the way to the game as we were stuck in traffic my buddy announced Pods would hit his first homer of the season. During the first inning when AJ tried to bunt and it went foul, the guy sitting next to me said how much he loved the attempted bunt. I told him it was bad, Clement was throwing up some meatballs, AJ could take him into the left centerfield seats. Next pitch, you know what happens. During the 5th inning last night we all were talking how that 3rd run was huge, and when Pods popped up there was a resignation that the run probably wouldn't score, but then we tried positive energy with Iguchi saying stuff like he gets nothing but big hits and Wells would be lucky to keep him in the park. Of course when he hit it we just went crazy.

Edited by Dick Allen