How'd u celebrate when Gooch went yard?

Bias

unfortunately i'm really sick, so i was watching it in my dorm room alone, and when he hit it all i could do was smile...but i leaned out my door and yelled "YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH", and i was good. I had to turn the tv off after graffys double though because it was stretchin me out too much

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumping up and down screaming "WOOOO HOOOOO YES, YES, YES, MY GOD , YES...etc, etc, etc", my son laughing came running up to me so I grab him and started hugging him like mad, my wife came running down stairs, calling me a freak and laughing, but also very excited. Yeah, the neighborhood knows now. :D

I see others have superstitions also about this stuff. I always stand in the exact same spot when things get tight like that. That is where I came running out from when it happened. :D

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
Jumping up and down screaming "WOOOO HOOOOO YES, YES, YES, MY GOD , YES...etc, etc, etc", my son laughing came running up to me so I grab him and started hugging him like mad, my wife came running down stairs, calling me a freak and laughing, but also very excited. Yeah, the neighborhood knows now.  :D

Thought I'd share what I think is a kick ass story. We had a flag pole that I had to take down a couple months ago because it was just too unstable, didn't want it to fall on the house or a kid for that matter.

Anyway, the nieghbors have a lil' war going with flags and such. One neighbor put up a ScRubs flag last year we went nuts! One night I took it down and hit it...he was so drunk he didn't realize it 'til morning..anyway long story short.

Over the weekend put up a new flagpole 'cuz on Friday I bought a Sox Flag. Get this I had the ScRubs fan neighbor help me put it up too...hahaha..I told him my Bears flag from last year needed to go up...anyway Monday night I put it so everyone would see it Tuesday morning...Playoffs baby!

I came home for lunch to catch the first inning and I was a bit dejected as there was almost no wind and the flag was not moving at all. After AJ hit his home run I stepped outside to yell "you can put it on the board...YES!" and I look up and low and behold the Sox flag was flapping in the wind as if there was a 20 mile/hour gust...but there wasn't. I just smiled and thought "that's my team baby!"

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
I was at the game on the councourse in left field.  We couldn't believe it.  I literally high-fived so many people that my hand was numb.  We were high-fiving the ushers, the cops, the beer men.

And it continued when we put the game away.  Everybody went nuts.  Nobody was leaving, everybody was just running around screaming.  You could hear people roaring from the Cell still a half hour after the game as they were filing out.  Amazing.

Couldn't even get in to Jimbo's--forget it.

It was awesome.

That ranks up there with AJ's Dodgers walkoff homer with one of the most unforgettable moments.

I was on concourse in right field and we had a pile up going on....everyone jumping on our one friend who is like 6'3 and a big boy... High fiving everyone and just going ballastic. I was actually in the same spot for AJ's with the same group of guys...I didn't think that could be topped, but yesterday did it!!!!

QUOTE(Bias @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
Thought I'd share what I think is a kick ass story.  We had a flag pole that I had to take down a couple months ago because it was just too unstable, didn't want it to fall on the house or a kid for that matter.

Anyway, the nieghbors have a lil' war going with flags and such. One neighbor put up a ScRubs flag last year we went nuts! One night I took it down and hit it...he was so drunk he didn't realize it 'til morning..anyway long story short.

Over the weekend put up a new flagpole 'cuz on Friday I bought a Sox Flag. Get this I had the ScRubs fan neighbor help me put it up too...hahaha..I told him my Bears flag from last year needed to go up...anyway Monday night I put it so everyone would see it Tuesday morning...Playoffs baby!

I came home for lunch to catch the first inning and I was a bit dejected as there was almost no wind and the flag was not moving at all.  After AJ hit his home run I stepped outside to yell "you can put it on the board...YES!" and I look up and low and behold the Sox flag was flapping in the wind as if there was a 20 mile/hour gust...but there wasn't.  I just smiled and thought "that's my team baby!"

:cheers Sweeeeeeeeet

I was in sec 159.. ..The entire setion jumped upo adn down and everyone started hugging each other hi fiving each other. and cheering with their beers in hand!! I almost dropped my beer from all the jumping and hi fiving i did.. it was a surreal experience!

This is a really cool story...(if I say so myself)

First off, I'm a reporter (mostly sports) for the local newspaper, and was at some fall league basketball games here in Suffolk last night. Two Suffolk schools were playing, one in the 6 pm game, and one in the 8:30pm game, so I had to watch those two games, but not the middle one at 7:15.

The cafeteria, right outside the gym, has some TVs, on one of which I was graciously allowed by the high school's AD to watch the Sox game during the 7:15 game, so I saw the first three and a half innings before having to go back and watch basketball.

During halftime (which is only 5 minutes because this is a practice, preseason league) of the late game, I went back out to the TV and it was the bottom of the 5th right after Graffanino's error. I saw PODS AB and was sick, all he needed was a ground ball to get it to 4-3, COME ON!

So Iguchi was up, and a couple pitches into his AB, the horn goes off back in the gym, so I gotta get back in there to see the second half, one more pitch, I can watch one more pitch, and :lolhitting :snr (I contained myself pretty well).

After the basketball was done, I heard the bottom of the 7th on the radio driving home, and saw the last 2 innings back at home.

I asked my girlfriend when she was going to check on the dinner in the oven, she said in 2 minutes, i said jokingly, right after Gooch hits this home run right?.....next pitch.... see ya!!!!!! I jumped up and down gave her a big ol hug and kiss!!!!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
You can stop using those god damn smilies.

I was sitting in the kitchen with my dad and Wells threw that first curveball for a strike. I said to my dad,"if he tries that curveball again this game is 5-4, trust me gooch is looking for it." Sure enough, next pitch was that curveball and i knew the second it left wells's hands that ball was gone.

After the home run my dad was staring at me like i had seen the future. The i was running aroung the house screaming "yeah, suck it you piece of s*** boston" with my body all filled with adrenaline.

GOD THAT WAS FUN!

i posted this in another thread last night, but it deems repeating

wednesday is my weekly bowling night, so as im bowling during league play, im also watching the sox game on some nearby tv's.....iguchi goes deep and i go histerical along with about 3-4 other die hard sox fans in my league....the next game of bowling, i proceed to roll 8 straight strikes to start the game and end up with a personal high of 268... my spirits havent been so high in so long... thanks gooch and thanks to all the white sox

im still convinced the sox gave me the power

stick.gif snr.gif lolhitting.gif gosox3.gif gosox3.gif gosox2.gif gosox2.gif gosox4.gif gosox4.gif gosox3.gif gosox4.gif gosox2.gif fight.gif fight.gif cheers.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif lolhitting.gif

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
You can stop using those god damn smilies.

What, it excites me :bang :fight :fight :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox2: :headshake :headshake :chair :chair :chair

After Buehrle gave up run #4, I started pacing the concourse neurotically. There were so many people standing that you couldn't see what was going on on the field. I "watched" through the scoreboard and through crowd reactions.

I was still pacing the concourse during that 5th inning. It went like this. First, I heard Iguchi's bat hit the ball, then, I heard a growing roar from the crowd. Then, in-between some fans, I saw that the scoreboard had lit up. I then knew exactly what had happened.

I ran through the Concourse with my arms in the air, and ran into an outfield section where a friend of mine was sitting. The plan was to come out of nowhere and high-five him (he thought I was still in my seat on the other side of the park), but this was foiled because he was in the middle of the row.

My 2 dogs get "rbi cookies" which are just milk bones, and the 2 dogs and the cat get "homerun hotdogs" during every game. This started a while ago when I promised them a hot dog as a treat if the Sox batter hit a homer and have stuck to it since then. I was in the basement during the 5th and was running up and down the stairs to give them their "rbi cookies." They actually learned the difference between my yelling for a homerun and an rbi. When the error was made, they had a confused look because they didn't recognize the yell. When Iguchi came up to bat, I looked at them and told them to tell Iguchi that they want their "homerun hotdogs" and when he hit it and I yelled, the 2 dogs and the cat ran up the stairs straight to the fridge and sat there looking for their hotdog. The cat only got his normal fingernail sized piece, but the 2 dogs got a whole hotdog instead of splitting 1 in half. :drink

QUOTE(zach61 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
My 2 dogs get "rbi cookies" which are just milk bones, and the 2 dogs and the cat get "homerun hotdogs" during every game. This started a while ago when I promised them a hot dog as a treat if the Sox batter hit a homer and have stuck to it since then. I was in the basement during the 5th and was running up and down the stairs to give them their "rbi cookies." They actually learned the difference between my yelling for a homerun and an rbi. When the error was made, they had a confused look because they didn't recognize the yell. When Iguchi came up to bat, I looked at them and told them to tell Iguchi that they want their "homerun hotdogs" and when he hit it and I yelled, the 2 dogs and the cat ran up the stairs straight to the fridge and sat there looking for their hotdog. The cat only got his normal fingernail sized piece, but the 2 dogs got a whole hotdog instead of splitting 1 in half.  :drink

Haha awesome! :cheers