How'd u celebrate when Gooch went yard?

Bias

QUOTE(zach61 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
My 2 dogs get "rbi cookies" which are just milk bones, and the 2 dogs and the cat get "homerun hotdogs" during every game. This started a while ago when I promised them a hot dog as a treat if the Sox batter hit a homer and have stuck to it since then. I was in the basement during the 5th and was running up and down the stairs to give them their "rbi cookies." They actually learned the difference between my yelling for a homerun and an rbi. When the error was made, they had a confused look because they didn't recognize the yell. When Iguchi came up to bat, I looked at them and told them to tell Iguchi that they want their "homerun hotdogs" and when he hit it and I yelled, the 2 dogs and the cat ran up the stairs straight to the fridge and sat there looking for their hotdog. The cat only got his normal fingernail sized piece, but the 2 dogs got a whole hotdog instead of splitting 1 in half.  :drink

I'm guessing your pets are fat? :huh :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(zach61 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
My 2 dogs get "rbi cookies" which are just milk bones, and the 2 dogs and the cat get "homerun hotdogs" during every game. This started a while ago when I promised them a hot dog as a treat if the Sox batter hit a homer and have stuck to it since then. I was in the basement during the 5th and was running up and down the stairs to give them their "rbi cookies." They actually learned the difference between my yelling for a homerun and an rbi. When the error was made, they had a confused look because they didn't recognize the yell. When Iguchi came up to bat, I looked at them and told them to tell Iguchi that they want their "homerun hotdogs" and when he hit it and I yelled, the 2 dogs and the cat ran up the stairs straight to the fridge and sat there looking for their hotdog. The cat only got his normal fingernail sized piece, but the 2 dogs got a whole hotdog instead of splitting 1 in half.  :drink

pavlov at its finest

i was watching. he hit the ball

"STRETCH YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

, WHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.5-4 WHITE SOX!!!! f*** YEA

i remember it vividly

QUOTE(zach61 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)

that's the coolest thing i've heard in awhile

awesome :cheers

I was watching, nervous as hell and bitter of Pods ab. I was busy mumbling to myself (with my mom looking at me as if I were crazy) "pick up Scotty right here Gooch" and than bam its hit, I sit there waiting (I'm thinking oh s*** thats gone, yes yes, but don't want to go insane only to see it caught). Than I see it clear the fence and I just launch out of the Sofa yelling yes yes yes, and start pointing you the man gooch and than proceed to run around the downstairs a bit yelling(my mom was even getting into it).

I jumped up and down like I had won the the lottery screaming TADAHITO!! then I picked up my wife and gave her a big hug. I high fived my buddy and his wife. Then I high fived a bunch of Sox fans I didn't know in section 152. Then I proceeded to scream my head off until I had a throbbing headache and got nauseated. I broke out and in a sweat and thought I was gonna pass out. I banged my thunder sticks together until it passed. Iguchi = Clutch

Great stories guys. I actually don't have cable at my house in N. Mich (my dad is from Southern Ind and raised me a huge sox fan) so I had to go into my office to watch the game. The office was pretty much empty when Guch hit his homer, but I was screaming HELL YEA GOOCH, and clapping really loudly for about a minute after that. Worse, the suites next to us are all residential.

I can only wonder what all those N. Michiganders were thinking.

I jumped up and down like I had won the the lottery screaming TADAHITO!! then I picked up my wife and gave her a big hug.  I high fived my buddy and his wife.  Then I high fived a bunch of Sox fans I didn't know in section 152.  Then I proceeded to scream my head off until I had a throbbing headache and got nauseated.  I broke out and in a sweat and thought I was gonna pass out.  I banged my thunder sticks together until it passed.  Iguchi = Clutch

We were both in Section 152 that night, though I wasn't there for the homer.

I was at Murphys in Champaign, not a ton of Sox fans there, but they knew how I was when Gooch hit the bomb... damn near knocked the table over, sent my beer flying and at the end of the inning I seranaded a few Red Sox fans with one of the worst versions of GO GO WHITE SOX that has ever been sung... looking back on it, a lot of people were seranaded with that song before the night was over.

This is the most enjoyable post I've ever read on this or any site.

Awesome.

I was at work and pretty quiet, when Graffy made the boot I said to myself,

'make them pay for the error.'

When he hit that ball I knew it was gone obviously and said, 'My God, he hit

a 3 run homer; we've taken the lead.' The baseball fans in my area were impressed because early a couple were remarking how Wells was " a big game

pitcher and this series is gonna be tied 1-1."

I wish I had a pic of the s*** eating grin on my face.

And a pic of Bobby recording the last out.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
I'm guessing your pets are fat? :huh  :lol:

I have a rott, sheltie, and the cat looks like a russian blue except he has long hair. The rott is just all muscle, the sheltie and cat I have to watch cause they are getting a little porky again. But I can't stop the milk bones and hotdogs now. Gotta keep the baseball gods happy. :david