Blackhawks Are Back!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:32 AM)
oh wait!!! Home games still arent on local TV. never mind. THe fan base will stay small.

Bunch of new faces...........same result.

No hitting, missed assignments on defense, soft goaltending and another loss at home.

:headshake :puke

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
No hitting

That's the one thing about hockey "fans" that I dont understand. They act like hitting means youre going to win. And hitting is going to make your team better. It's a shame that these fans think that hitting is such a big part of the game. Its a method to steal the puck, not kill someone. So if the team isnt as physical but still gets the job done, I'm ok with that. Saying not hitting enough is a reason for losing is horrible. The game was lost on bad defensive decisions and too many penalties, and poor goaltending.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
Bunch of new faces...........same result.

No hitting,  missed assignments on defense, soft goaltending and another loss at home.

:headshake  :puke

Gees Nuke 1 bad game and you're already writing them off.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
I wrote this team off back in 1998 dude.

I know that, and you're the biggest pessimist for the Hawks around here, but you gotta admit they at least did a good job in the off-season.

As for the PP, when Spacek comes back, I think that'll be a lot better, with him and Aucoin on the point. Special Teams are going to be really crucial this season though.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 02:04 AM)
I know that, and you're the biggest pessimist for the Hawks around here, but you gotta admit they at least did a good job in the off-season.

As for the PP, when Spacek comes back, I think that'll be a lot better, with him and Aucoin on the point. Special Teams are going to be really crucial this season though.

didnt look too good on wed, actually they looked worse than 2 years ago.

BUt the 10 dollar seats are nice.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
didnt look too good on wed, actually they looked worse than 2 years ago.

BUt the 10 dollar seats are nice.

New coach, lots of new players, they weren't going to click from game one. It's players like Tyler Arnason and Mark Bell that will determine whether the Hawks will make the playoffs though. Can they become 60+ point scorers?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
New coach, lots of new players, they weren't going to click from game one. It's players like Tyler Arnason and Mark Bell that will determine whether the Hawks will make the playoffs though. Can they become 60+ point scorers?

Arnason yes, Bell if he stays on the 3rd line, i'd say no

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)

I honestly think Calder and Borque will finish with more points. BTW Daze looked the slowest I have ever seen him.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)

Spacek didn't impress me when he was here before why should I get excited about a slightly older version?